SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I once had a rule: No Food or Drinks (except water) in my vehicles. Ohh how I miss that rule.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I once had a rule: No Food or Drinks (except water) in my vehicles. Ohh how I miss that rule. Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Tonight while they are asleep go into their room and watch them. See their angel faces? That is why those of us beyond those years envy those of you still in them. When they are grown and gone you'll forget the crumbs and gum stains. You'll miss your babies desperately.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29679 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
My plan, when I have kids, is to just keep the shop vac plugged in and vacuum the car out daily, and to I leave a receptacle in the garage where everything from inside the car gets collected. Basically, all that junk would end up in a receptacle that the wife can sort through later and I can just vacuum out the seats without having to sort through the junk.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
The new mini vans have vaccums built in.. Big Grin. When I opened this thread my heart dropped and I felt bad for you J. Reading the posts sir I understand. My Mother is going through this in her new Chrysler van with grand kids. FWIW, I've lost pieces of pop corn and those little packets of salt in my Sienna. Then the girl at McD's drive through who cant put a top on a cup of hot coffee... Mad Im glad you got a good seat cover.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Tonight while they are asleep go into their room and watch them. See their angel faces? That is why those of us beyond those years envy those of you still in them. When they are grown and gone you'll forget the crumbs and gum stains. You'll miss your babies desperately.

You must have missed this thread.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/9950076164
Hence the reason I am up currently.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25403 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Hah! That’s the reason I always say I’m just going to park it in a field and throw a match at it when we’re done.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5299 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
So that is 7 months of crap the vacuum could not get since there were three car seats there. The good news is the seat cover did a fine job and the seats underneath look good as new.
We’ll see if clean up is any easier now that I have rearranged the seats.
The oldest boy has now reached the weight limit for the latch system. Has been tall enough for a booster for sometime but I have seen way too many injury collisions in my day. So he has been in a 5 point booster with latch system. Why there are no latch attachments in the 3rd row of a full size SUV is beyond me.
I removed the center seat and he is now in a high back booster in the rear and the smaller two still using the latch system in the middle row. So clean up might not be as bad.
I got 2 bucket seat covers and a bench seat cover from Cabelas.

Yes, I know the 3rd row WeatherTech does not cover the portion where the seat was. I have a Maxliner for the 3rd row with buckets in the 2nd that will cover that spot. Got lucky on an Amazon Prime Warehouse deal and paid $20.

With the crap WeatherTech has been putting out on my last 2 purchases not a chance I am buying their product again.
If the $20 Maxliner sucks I’ll likely get the Huskys

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25403 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That picture made me cry.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3522 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
When I was 21, I got the car of my dreams. I was so happy, I just couldn't believe it. The only reason I could achieve the goal was because the car needed body work, and the owner wanted the car I owned at the time. So, I traded him my car and some cash and was very happy with the trade. I made all the repairs and had the car I had wanted since I was 8 years old.

Then I met a girl who was also a dream come true. We've been together for 40 years last month!

HOWEVER, in that first year that we were dating, I told her I really didn't like food and drink in my car. But, she got me to relax the enforcement of that rule somewhat. Until... she spilled a container of MILK in the back seat. MILK!

What a nauseating stench! Luckily, because the car was a convertible, the stench only accompanied the vehicle for about a month. But, for that month, every time I got near the car, much less climbed inside, I could smell that hideous smell.

That was it. No more food or drink in my vehicle. Ever. Eek

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I instituted this same rule with near ironclad, dictatorial application of will in my 2017 Subaru Crosstrek, which I got pre-owned in April 2018. I only drink water in it. Transporting food and beverages for external consumption is allowed.

Posts: 3535 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
Oh yea. We picked up a Brand new atlas this year.
Was just like that in a week.

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Let's see their rooms and the kitchen.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12390 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:

she spilled a container of MILK in the back seat.
I'm probably not supposed to ask what y'all were doing in the back seat.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30635 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:

she spilled a container of MILK in the back seat.
I'm probably not supposed to ask what y'all were doing in the back seat.

Not sure I want to know what they were doing with the milk in the back seat. Sounds kind of kinky to me.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6483 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
You need the Mobile Mud Room seat cover from Duluth Trading.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
Bet the wheels are shinny.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
The wife dropped a choco covered raisin and it rolled under the passenger seat somewhere. Can't find it at all but we both saw it head down yonder.

It's coming up on two years stuck in whatever spidey hole it found.

Posts: 4074 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Regarding the Huskys vs. Weathertech, yeah just do it. My wife’s 2017 Explorer had Weathertech all throughout when we bought it. What awful crap compared to what they once were. I’d recently purchased some Huskys for my work vehicle so we tried those in the Explorer. Night and day difference, and the third row mat actually covered the floorboard.

Also, no latch system in the third row at all? Ours has it on one side of the third row.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Remember the thread on glitter? I think it was Sigmonkey who suggested it was easier to just move than to try to clean it up. Same applies here. Just use the match in the middle of the field or sell the car. Dealerships use a "Detailer" to clean their trades. Find a local dealer and ask if that person can do side jobs. Then contract with him to do it weekly for the next several years. Frown

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
just give the kids iPads, then they don't think about the need for food or drink.

Yeah, iPads, that's the ticket!....then the inside of your children's mind(s) can look like the back seat of this photo.

Cleaning up the inside of the car is easy. Cleaning up a child's mind that has unmonitored access to the world wide web, not so much.

You're doing a great job dad. Hang in there.

Posts: 590 | Registered: December 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still have this rule in my car Smile I just have the one 5 yr old, and I do make exceptions on long trips, like a 6hr treks to the beach.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post