SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gotta Brag on my Boss
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gotta Brag on my Boss Login/Join 
posted
I thought my boss was a corporate douche, but I was wrong. Today he stood up to a VERY big client, and told the client that our company would follow our ethical standards even if we lost the contract, because doing the right thing was more important than the income derived from that particular contract. The client caved, but hey, the kid manned up big time. I'm really glad to work for a company like this.

I never thought I would say that.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
That's cool. You told us but did you tell him?

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VonFatman
posted Hide Post
awesome!

Bob

Posts: 376 | Registered: September 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I thought my boss was a corporate douche, but I was wrong. Today he stood up to a VERY big client, and told the client that our company would follow our ethical standards even if we lost the contract, because doing the right thing was more important than the income derived from that particular contract. The client caved, but hey, the kid manned up big time. I'm really glad to work for a company like this.

I never thought I would say that.

He'll probably get fired for it tomorrow.

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:

^^^^^This. Let the man know he earned your respect.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Last time I was in management I stood up to the company's owner. In the short term I won the battles but long term lost the war, at least that is how I feel it went down.

I have no regrets for what I did. I called him out. Twice. First time for the actions of his son, the second time for not showing compassion for a hospitalized employee. What's right is right, wrong is wrong.

The only way he could get to me was by playing the financial card, changing my compensation plan of course in his favor subsequent to the earlier incidents. I suppose you could consider the result of that actually the third incident. Instead of taking it I gave my notice. He would not budge and neither did I. In fact I packed my wife and children up and moved back to Michigan as a result.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:

^^^^^This. Let the man know he earned your respect.

Indeed!!!!!!!!!!!

I always appreciated it when I got such comments from my employees. And I was sure to pass out the compliments to them as well.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Over the years, most of my bosses were wimps. I would bet their kids pushed them around.
I had some bosses who were not. One of those was no wimp, but he always stood up to someone at seemingly the wrong time. He just came off as a total Jerk. I ran into his wife one day and she asked me If I thought he had become a jerk after working there as a boss.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of azranger45
posted Hide Post
Yes, be sure to tell your boss how you feel about how he handled the problem. That is a hellava boss for sure.

Posts: 359 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: August 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Be sure to Thank him as he is a rare bird regarding balls / ethics in this day of age...

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post