SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can someone tell me what's going on in this video? Looks like a city council in southern California
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can someone tell me what's going on in this video? Looks like a city council in southern California Login/Join 
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Il Cattivo pretty much nailed it. My guess is that this was during the “citizen comments” portion of the meeting. You get five minutes to have your say. It’s good as you can raise an issue with those that can do something about it.

A confession, I sit on a city’s Planning Commission.

First, the video is done by the speaker. No doubt he picked the parts that would support him. My best guess is this isn’t the guy’s first go round with the council.

He begins by accusing the council of stealing land. That the Planning commission was “pressured” to rezone property so it could be bought by cronies. Then he goes on about high density housing. Most of us know “NIMBY.” This seems to be his rant. High density is seen as leading to increased crime, poverty, and so on. However, both state and federal governments require a city have a mix of housing. As this city develops it will get high density housing. Zoning can control where this goes and the council can control what goes in. If you want to get something from the government, that’s exactly the wrong way to do it.

We had a gadfly get elected to the council. He went from rants such as seen in the video, to having to work with those on the council. Sadly he accomplished little to nothing.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure specifically what's happening, but it mirrors every City Commissioner meeting I've ever been to. The commissioners sit and radiate hubris and ego while the actual people point out real world experience and anecdotal evidence that goes against everything the commission is doing.

Hell, I watched a guy give our commission an impassioned speech about how the current liquor license scheme in Grand Rapids is rigged and corrupt. He wanted to put a sports bar in where his pizza joint is in the suberbs. A pizza joint that I love and frequent. His grounds are clean, he employs tons of kids and neighborhood folk, and his product is frickin delicious. A sports bar at this location makes tons of sense to everyone in the area.

The commission sat and listened, and then told him to pound sand and then somehow the liquor license went to a paper company that one of the commissioners owns. Why a paper company? Well the license only costs 60K, but they're worth a lot more money if the company can sit on it for a few years and people forget about it, then they can sell it to some bigtime developer in the downtown market.

Everyone knows it and no one can do anything because you look like Alex Jones if you go crying about it on social media or at City Commission meetings.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9157 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
The smirking she-thing in the meeting is Jennifer Fitzgerald, who served as mayor of Fullerton 2015 - 2017. There's an entire web site devoted to her "Bad Acts."

https://thefullertoninformer.c...he-fullerton-public/

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
The smirking she-thing in the meeting is Jennifer Fitzgerald, who served as mayor of Fullerton 2015 - 2017. There's an entire web site devoted to her "Bad Acts."

https://thefullertoninformer.c...he-fullerton-public/

As I said, this wasn’t the speakers first go round with the city.

Looking at his page:
“Trumpty Dumpty: Trump’s Bibi, Nixon’s Bebe, and the coming false flag that could usher in WWIII
Trump’s war on the media carries chilling echoes of Nixon and the media’s war on Trump carries chilling echoes of a Nixonian era rife with impeachment and war.”

On Parkland:
“This event was not the first false flag staged shooting the government has pulled off. Sandy Hook, Las Vegas, Orlando are also false flag events where few or no one died (as well as the Boston “bombing”).
In San Bernadino, they used paramilitary shooters and then blamed an innocent Muslim couple to support the fraudulent war on terror (the war on Islanm, which has allowed the murder of over 30 million innocent Muslims)”

Autism? It’s not vaccines. It’s all due to WiFi.
“THESE EVIL CREEPS GO ALONG WITH EVERY AGENDA 21 EDICT THAT IS HANDED DOWN TO THEM FROM TOXIC WATER FLOURIDATION, LED LIGHTING, STACK AND PACK HIGH DENSITY HOUSING, CHEMICAL SPRAYING OF THE POPULATION, MILITARIZING THE POLICE, LAND GRABS, SUPRESSION OF FREE SPEECH AND NOW EXPANDING THE BIGGEST OF THEM ALL, THE FORCED IRRADIATION OF EVERYONE WITH THE EXPANSION OF THE WIRELESS AGENDA WITH RUNAWAY 5G MICROCELL PLACEMENT.”

He goes back to 2013 with stuff like this. After 5 years, the city council’s reaction is understandable.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I guess if you import enough illegals and every so-called protected class then you can outnumber the good guys, I that is how Kommie-fornia gets away with it.

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
I used to live in Fullerton in the 70's; it was as fucked-up then as it is now - nothing new. Fullerton's malaise bled over into Placentia, and then Yorba Linda. No more OC for me!

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aileron:
I used to live in Fullerton in the 70's; it was as fucked-up then as it is now - nothing new. Fullerton's malaise bled over into Placentia, and then Yorba Linda. No more OC for me!

But they made great guitars there!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yes, and they've made great handguns in Massacheusetts and Connecticut, and great rifles in New York and Illinois. Things change.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post