SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best recliner for sleeping
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best recliner for sleeping Login/Join 
posted
Suggestions for non leather, but durable... Thanks

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A good recliner for sleeping doesn't exist for me... I need a bed or a couch. Full disclosure: I have a very hard time sleeping on my back. My wife on the other hand loves here La-Z-Boy "Casey". She likes the support it gives her lower back. Here's the manufacturer add: Lazy Boy Casey

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
La-z-boy with full electrics. No memory foam though.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I have an old style La-Z-Boy with no handle, and I've been sleeping in it now for about 10 years.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Mine. Oh, yeah, its a lazy boy, just like me. Its a fat boy's chair, being wider than normal. Its also leather. Cost a bundle 10 years ago, but I don't care. I nap in it constantly.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Golden Technolgies https://www.goldentech.com

Medical Grade with models designed for sleeping.
Forget The furniture companies.
Get your checkbook out....
I have no affiliation with the company other than being an authorized dealer.
Pride Mobility is a second medical option, but Golden is 100% Made in the USA.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: downtownv,

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8342 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
My wife got me a leather La Z Boy seven years ago when I retired & although I have no trouble falling asleep on it when the tv is on; it's not a substitute for a good nights sleep in my bed.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I’d recommend you visit the Lazy Boy emporium and sit in several of their chairs. What’s comfortable to me may not work at all for you.

I much prefer leather to fabric. It stays looking nice longer. In cold weather I throw a blanket over the chair before I sit down. My house is drafty.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know what brand mine is but it's the one that's impregnated with some form of narcotic, which leechs out and is absorbed by the skin the moment it becomes horizontal. The newer ones may require a prescription.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

Get you checkbook out....

I bought my mom the golden monarch (I think it was) when she went to memory care. Great Chair!

Gonna sell it one of these days because she’s now in full nursing care and her room doesn’t accommodate it.

But what a great chair.

0:01

Posts: 4206 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
I just sat in the new Flexsteel electric with power recline, power headrest and power lumbar adjustment. Nice.

Posts: 1633 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

Get you checkbook out....

I have one of these, extra wide, fully electric, sleep in it all time, naps night time, etc. Wife bought it after my stroke, and our second lazyboy fell apart after several years of use. Fabric is sort of a suede, dark brown, and has held up as well as leather but without the cost of leather. I am large, 6-4, 270 # and it has enduredme sleeping, tossing and turning, etc. Sort of like mattresses, box springs, memory foam, comparisons, everyone has there preferences and experiences. Good dealer makes the difference.

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just purchased a flex steel, but I don't sleep in it .
https://www.flexsteel.com/

if it's not prying, why sleep in a chair ?
why not just go crawl in bed?

most chairs were not designed for sleeping, and might not hold up very long. ( per the flexsteel sales person)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54600 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

I sometimes wake up in bed with leg cramps. Get up (with some difficulty -- I keep a cane by the side of the bed for times like this), walk, more like stumble, take a potassium tablet, maybe GatorAde, and sit in a chair until the cramps subside.

Or I might feel nerve pain in my feet due to Guillain Barré Syndrome. Much worse when I'm lying down, it is relieved when standing or sitting.

Many times I unintentionally fall asleep in the chair. My wife suggests a good recliner or lift chair, that way if I do fall asleep, at least it will be somewhat comfortable.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This! Many people have medical issues as already noted, mine had to do with ongoing sinus issues, including drainage age, and after effects of my particiular version of a stroke, arthiritis, previous physical injuries, etc. Sometimes just old age makes it easier to sleep in a recliner.
Now I am able to sleep in a bed, sometimes, but sometimes in the middle of the night, getting and sleeping in a chair, just allows for a full nights sleep.
Everybody is different,

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We got a Pottery Barn one for my wife for nursing the baby at night and it's super comfortable, I can sleep on it anytime. Especially while holding a baby.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I just purchased a flex steel, but I don't sleep in it .
https://www.flexsteel.com/

most chairs were not designed for sleeping, and might not hold up very long. ( per the flexsteel sales person)

I’d bet that the vast majority of recliners in use are regularly napped/slept in. I know mine is. I’m not going to crawl back in bed for a nap covered in sweat and allergens from my daily activities.

I think the salesperson is trying to cover Flexsteel’s ass in case the chair breaks down.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Lay-Z-Boy Joshua model, preferably with dual electric controls. I sat in every model and it was the most comfortable by far.

It comes in any fabric. Sends me right to sleep. Mine is manual. I would prefer the electric controls to set it exactly where I want it and it stay there.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Get one that fits. Wink

About 12 years ago I bought Lazy Boy but when extended in the sleeping position, all the creases and leg rests hit at the wrong spot. Lord help me if a fell asleep on it because if i did, it became a torture rack.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife has slept in a Lazy Boy for many years due to complications from a broken ankle. No leather but if I happen to go to sleep in it, I wake up soaked in sweat. Just me though. Not a problem for her.

Based on her success, I would highly recommend one.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post