SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Oh my....Idaho
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oh my....Idaho Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Idaho is beautiful. Just gorgeous.

Is it private?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
I read somewhere Idaho was #3 for the California exodus, behind Texas and Colorado. I don't know how many or if Idaho residents are noticing a difference, but I'd guess in 10 years they'll notice. Not all of those Californians leaving are bad, though, hopefully I'll be one someday.

The Idaho panhandle is becoming a magnet for Californians. Sandpoint, Post Falls and Coeur d' Alene are growing like weeds because of the migration and the politics in the area is seeing the results. It really is a shame.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Originally posted by SigSauerP226:
I read somewhere Idaho was #3 for the California exodus, behind Texas and Colorado. I don't know how many or if Idaho residents are noticing a difference, but I'd guess in 10 years they'll notice. Not all of those Californians leaving are bad, though, hopefully I'll be one someday.

The Idaho panhandle is becoming a magnet for Californians. Sandpoint, Post Falls and Coeur d' Alene are growing like weeds because of the migration and the politics in the area is seeing the results. It really is a shame.

Jim

That does suck. Whenever I move, I'm hoping to find a community i fit in, not move and try to make the community fit me. The Californians leaving and liberalising places gives me less options because I want to get away from this shit, not just change the scenery of this shit.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
One place that really struck me was "Magic Valley"(?). Apparently a really awesome place for flatwater kayaking. The water looked clear as a bell. Something about being fed by the Snake River aquifer?

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post