SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Oh my....Idaho
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oh my....Idaho Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
Just stumbled across a couple of documentaries about Idaho on Amazon Prime.

Never have I felt more justified in embarking on this whole "full-time RVing" retirement plan. LOL I'm really blown away not just by the scenery out there, but the variety of it!

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:

Never have I felt more justified in embarking on this whole "full-time RVing" retirement plan. LOL I'm really blown away not just by the scenery out there, but the variety of it!

SHHHHHHHHHH!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:

SHHHHHHHHHH!

Yep, SHHHHHHH! I'm from SE Idaho, full of really nice folks. A wonderful state, but keep it a secretBig Grin

Posts: 7551 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s ugly. Go to California.

Posts: 104 | Location: Idaho | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
I’m nearing retirement myself and have never been, but always wanted to see Idaho and the cool looking terrain.....you guys out there don’t mind visitors do you? I promise to keep it on the down low! Big Grin

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spudgun:
It’s ugly. Go to California.

Lol yes keep on truckin'. Mrs DF and I just came back from N. Idaho buying some land. It was desolate and full of bones..........and spiders...........flying fire breathing spiders.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We lived in SE Idaho for a number of years before moving to Montana. Loved it there and love it here.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing to see folks. Keep moving please...

Posts: 1452 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Idaho is a nice place. That's where I learned to drive in snow. I woke up one day, went out, saw everything was white and panicked for a moment as I thought I was going to lose my Navy training I was there for - can't be color blind. Then I realize it was snow everywhere; it wasn't cold.

But I don't like snow.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Heck. I thought this thread might be about potatoes.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
It's where I first learned the difference between freezing and twenty below zero. There is.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Idaho sucks, stay away!

All are welcome who do not try to change it.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of the Hudge
posted Hide Post
Iowa what they really said was Iowa. Idaho is a conspiracy theory and doesn’t really exist.

Posts: 799 | Location: Inland Nortwest | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I've hunted, fished and camped in Idaho for years. I love it there.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I regret not seeing more of it. I did ride a motorcycle on US 12 as part of a much longer trip almost 35 years ago.

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Idaho is beautiful. Just gorgeous.

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
well, at least MOST of Idaho is pretty dang gorgeous. My dad lives in Caldwell... not so pretty.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere Idaho was #3 for the California exodus, behind Texas and Colorado. I don't know how many or if Idaho residents are noticing a difference, but I'd guess in 10 years they'll notice. Not all of those Californians leaving are bad, though, hopefully I'll be one someday.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whatever you do, do NOT visit the hot springs waterfall at Pine Flats campground, outside of Lowman. Nor should you avail yourself of the numerous hot springs that pockmark the region.

Forget about Yellowstone or any of the other natural wonders around.

It is a desolate and lonely state, Idaho. We have throngs of Idahoan refeugees that come to Utah. They come to get away from the Lotto and alcoholic beverages...

Posts: 195 | Location: Smithfield, Utah | Registered: April 29, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I grew up in Boise long ago and moved away.

Now I'm forced to make periodic journeys of discovery thru all parts of the state as tourist.

There's a PBS program called "Outdoor Idaho" that is very informative.

From the wilds of Silver City & War Eagle Mountain, to the pleasures of Henry Fork at the Wyoming border, from Stateline Nevada to East Port in the Far North, there's so many enjoyable areas to visit it will take a lifetime to see 'em all.

While there are those places that are hot, dry, desolate, isolated, mountainous, etc, what isn't satisfactory to see for it's own virtues, is on the way to some other locale of overwhelming beauty.

From "Craters of the Moon" to the Sawtooths in Stanley Basin is a matter of barely a couple hours easy drive. Some of the most scenic routes in the country along the Salmon River, or the Snake River, or the Selway.... or the Lochsa, or the Clearwater, or the....well....just fill up your tank and go take a look.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post