SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Re thinking the organ donation path
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re thinking the organ donation path Login/Join 
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VonFatman:
i've recinded my organ donor approval...i'd never support a family member being used this way. they feel pain folks. they cut and the donor is held down by drugs that keep them still and they feel & react to the pain as the organs are removed.

no thanks

bob

This is so not true.

Brain dead people do not process nor "feel" pain at all. This is founded in 100s of years of scientific research. Thats a fact. Go research spinal reflexes and Brain death testing/declaration. This brain death declaration process is extreemly thorough and time consuming to ensure they are truly brain dead.

You have no idea what you are talking about

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigCity:
As a funeral director, we absolutely DETESTED organ donations.

I've executed hundreds of health care powers of attorney with clients over the years. Every single client associated with funeral services has declined the organ donation option on the form. They said the same things you did about the condition of the body of a donor.

My doctor clients run about 50/50 on organ donation. Go figure. Smile

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
quote:
Originally posted by BigCity:
As a funeral director, we absolutely DETESTED organ donations.

I've executed hundreds of health care powers of attorney with clients over the years. Every single client associated with funeral services has declined the organ donation option on the form. They said the same things you did about the condition of the body of a donor.

My doctor clients run about 50/50 on organ donation. Go figure. Smile

As I have gotten older (I'm only 40) my views have changed. Why on earth would I want anyone to see me dead in a casket with makeup on. Like seriously, I can't hear the stuff they're going to say, and if they haven't said what they were going to say when I was alive who cares. Also why do I need to be buried in dirt taking up space.....for what.... the whole burial process is pretty stupid and a giant waste of money when you really think about it......

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well,
I can get cremated for $2,400.00

or the local morgue will pick up my carcass ,
haul it 80 miles and donate it to the University of Iowa Hospital/med school for $2,200.00 plus $90.00 for milage.

I am not a veteran.

So I am looking for a cheaper way out

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post