SIGforum
UAL did something right this time: Woman Denied Emotional Support Peacock On United Flight

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/4200020734

May 15, 2018, 09:49 PM
rusbro
UAL did something right this time: Woman Denied Emotional Support Peacock On United Flight
I don't think the lady seated next to me liked my emotional support alien. He only wanted to give her a kiss. Frown

May 16, 2018, 01:27 AM
RichardC
quote:
Originally posted

Last year at SEATAC, I was waiting at the arrivals lane for my wife to pick me up. There was a lady with a "Service Dog" that started to hump a guys leg who was seated on a bench. It took all of my restraint to keep from asking her: "Exactly what kind of service does your dog do?".

Loves peanut butter and comes when you call him "Skippy."

May 16, 2018, 09:09 AM
Scoutmaster
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
In the last year, the emotional support craze has hit my apartments too. My apartments are no pets allowed, but I get a dozen calls from people who say I have to take their dog as a service animal. When I ask for certs, they say I cannot ask because I’m breaking the law.

I usually remind them that presenting an animal as a service animal when it is not is illegal, and they’ll need to provide the certs anyway when I’m defending myself in court. I also remind them that the animal cannot be in the apartment alone, you know, because service animals must be with you to provide service. That usually eliminates the fakers.

In the end, I find a better applicant who isn’t trying to pass off a 4-month-old puppy as an ESD.

Good thinking. My brother has some rental units, I will have to mention this.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944
May 16, 2018, 09:16 AM
Scoutmaster
A couple of years ago I was in IAH, saw a great dane service dog at the gate, they were trying to figure out the logistics of "seating" on the flight for such. The great dane was wearing a "doggie jacket" that had printed on the sides something like "no sitting or riding". I asked a cust serv person how they dealt with such things, she rolled her eyes and shook her head. We sort of laughed together at the nonsense.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944
May 16, 2018, 09:29 AM
TMats
What a shame, passengers in a tubular, confined space, denied the opportunity to hear the 100db screams of a fukkin peacock on their flight.

May 16, 2018, 09:59 AM
Birdvol
I like to know the political demographics of those who "need" emotional support critters...?
May 16, 2018, 10:04 AM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by Birdvol:
I like to know the political demographics of those who "need" emotional support critters...?
I bet statistics on gender would be interesting, too.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
May 16, 2018, 10:06 AM
Birdvol
V-Tail,

Excellent point.

I would guess 10 women (or way more) to every man 'needs' a support critter...
May 16, 2018, 10:15 AM
henryaz

IIRC, it was entropy who posted pictures of a passenger's "emotional support turkey" wandering his aisles.

May 16, 2018, 01:35 PM
Birdvol
Booze is your emotional support vehicle, if you need one...

Frankly, I've been all over. Can't count the number of flights I've been on, including helicopters, and enjoyed every one immensely.

One of the best ones was listening to some big in size, braggadocios butthole who couldn't stop his bragging about this and that boring the hell out of everyone for many seats around as he was very loud,...until we hit rough flying weather. He quickly shut his pie hole. He was quiet as a timid little mouse.

In order to help his anxiety, I added in an equally loud voice as his had been "Gawd, I hope we don't crash - can you imagine, teeth, hair and eyeballs all over the runway"? I kept this up for 2/3 minutes before he started quite literally begging me to stop...I said ok, if you will and...he did.

As we deplaned he wouldn't look at me. Big pussy.
May 16, 2018, 03:44 PM
1gkek
About fucking time.

Late to the Original post, but I just got off my 5th flight in 6 days. I’m edgy on flying right now.
May 16, 2018, 09:15 PM
MagicHorse
Some states do have certification certificates, some do not, for Service Dogs. You can't always rely on such proof that a dog is a service dog. Also, some service dogs do not HAVE to accompany their handler at all times. My dog alerts blood sugar issues. I mainly have issues when driving long distances (extra stress) & when I sleep.
May 16, 2018, 09:53 PM
sig226fan
My emotional support Honey Badger, just doesn't give a fuck. I dare you to tell him he isn't allowed on the plane. I'm sure as hell not going to.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.
May 17, 2018, 06:59 AM
Archie Teuthis
American Airlines banned emotional support ferrets, snakes & goats. The heartless bastards now require 48 hour advance notice & letter from mental health professional.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/a...s-ferrets-hedgehogs/

Less is more.