SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Quality Furniture... ? who and whom to stay away from
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quality Furniture... ? who and whom to stay away from Login/Join 
posted
Stratolounger Recliner at Big Lots... Reviews; Bad, stay away.

Simmons Champion Sofa... Reviews; Bad, stay away.

Catnapper Kelsey Sofa... Reviews; Bad stay away.

Seems like everything I've picked out so far has bad reviews... so what's a good brand?

Looking for a dual reclining couch or reclining loveseat with the center console or two recliners. Would like to have an adjustable headrest.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Ekornes?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Ekornes?

That was my first thought also

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14175 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gasche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmepiphany:
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Ekornes?

That was my first thought also

I'll second that first thought.

Posts: 748 | Location: Western Washington AC | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Lay-Z-Boy is expensive but worth it. I bought a reclining couch and sofa set, 7 years ago. Multiple moves, dogs, cats, kids, nothing fazes it. They still work perfectly and look nearly new.

Buy once, cry once Wink

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Lay-Z-Boy is expensive but worth it. I bought a reclining couch and sofa set, 7 years ago. Multiple moves, dogs, cats, kids, nothing fazes it. They still work perfectly and look nearly new.

Buy once, cry once Wink

Bruce

I had good luck with my set from them. Mechinicals never failed, cushions lasted through heavy use/parties. Also had good luck with Berkline.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
My wife bought 2 Lane's and paid $600 apiece for them. Total junk, fell apart within a year, and no kids in the house, just two adults. Buy something else.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Broyhill is (was) a good manufacturer

La Z Boy is also very good (just bought a 7 piece sofa set for my TV room)

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Ekornes looks like some high quality stuff. I went with some Flexsteel furniture. new couch, chair and loveseat. Knowing up front that no furniture will survive all my kids, I got what I could afford and thought would survive the longest.

Time will tell if the Flexsteel outlast my crappy Ashley furniture. No way I would buy it again.

Posts: 396 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Lazyboy or Ethan Allen

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Buy once, cry once Wink

Bruce

Will disagree with that. Bought a Lay-Z-Boy sectional. Seam was broken when it was delivered. Took them a month to replace it. Two weeks later same problem, took another month. When the mechanicals broke on the 3rd one, and the seams split, we started the evolution of getting our money back.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D4Heavy:
Ekornes looks like some high quality stuff. I went with some Flexsteel furniture. new couch, chair and loveseat. Knowing up front that no furniture will survive all my kids, I got what I could afford and thought would survive the longest.

Time will tell if the Flexsteel outlast my crappy Ashley furniture. No way I would buy it again.

Ashley is crap. The Mrs. bought a couch that reclined on both ends. 6 months in, I had to tear the back off the couch (wouldn't cover it under warranty)and replace the particle board with hardwood.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a Fairfield sectional that has held up well for the past four years.

Posts: 987 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
quote:

Buy once, cry once Wink

Bruce

Will disagree with that. Bought a Lay-Z-Boy sectional. Seam was broken when it was delivered. Took them a month to replace it. Two weeks later same problem, took another month. When the mechanicals broke on the 3rd one, and the seams split, we started the evolution of getting our money back.

It looks like you must have gotten one of the Chinese counterfeit knock off sectionals Wink

Sorry about your bad experience. That's pretty unusual.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
We bought a Lancer couch a few years ago and the fabric fell apart well under the warranty. They replaced the couch but voided all warranties, so when the replacement fell apart quite soon after we received it, they refused to help and said, "Not our problem."

We always tell people to steer clear of Lancer.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

My Lazy Boy recliner (leather) is now 14 years old and still as good as new. It is where I relax, read the paper, watch March Madness or Amazon Prime, etc.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
^^^ the new models are definitely not the same build quality as your older model. I wish I knew enough about it back when they were high quality.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greco:
^^^ the new models are definitely not the same build quality as your older model. I wish I knew enough about it back when they were high quality.
That must be he case because I bought a Lazy Boy sectional and two recliners and all of it was pure junk.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been happy with LazyBoy. Had Ekornes and sent it back, I am long in the back and their construction rolled my shoulders forward to a very uncomfortable position for me. It looks great and is well constructed but be sure to sit in it for an extended period before spending the price.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2872 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
My parents know the owners of Pulaski furniture. It's very well built. I see there stuff go through Costco sometimes. I have their bedroom set and love it.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post