SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Internet connection fails too often. Why?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Internet connection fails too often. Why? Login/Join 
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
make sure you're home and watch the techs if they do replace any cable to your home. We had Concast out a year ago for poor connection, mice had chewed through the cable at the junction box shared between my neighbors. The tech ran a new line to the house which solved the problem, however when their team came out later to bury the new line they trenched right thru my sump ejection line!

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
“...it turned out a squirrel had breached the drop about smack in the middle.”

Aw man, my yard is wall to wall with squirrels. Thanks for all the ideas.

See it's good to do actual troubleshooting rather than following random "buy this" advice.
Glad you are back up and running.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^ I don't think Sportshooter is saying his problem is resolved, yet.

Regardless, if a PC connected directly to the modem shows the same issue, it's definitely time to get your ISP involved, as normally they're responsible for everything from the modem out.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Here’s an update. A new modem, a new WiFi router and a visit from one of Suddenlink’s technicians has still not solved the problem. Our download speed is about 50 mbps and we still wind up with almost regular buffering.
It seems that we are not the only one of their customers having trounle with their service. It irritates me that Suddenlink knew they were the ones having a problem and had me jumping through hoops as if I could solve their problem.
The only other ISP in the area that “looks” good on paper is AT&T and isn’t that Comcast that a few of you have expressed negative reviews?
Thanks for the help guys.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post