SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Vienna sausages: tasty treat, or mystery meat?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vienna sausages: tasty treat, or mystery meat? Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Vienna sausage pigs-in-blanket:

https://i1.wp.com/www.tastyisl...jpg?resize=480%2C480

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Oh, my, that's funny!

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I couldn’t remember the last time I ate Vienna sausages, but this thread induced me to buy some. Thank you, OP.

Not haute cuisine, but I voted “Tasty”. I sliced ‘em in half length wise to provide a flat surface so they’d sit securely on a Club cracker. The cracker provides a welcome crunchy aspect. Some Thumann’s Düsseldorf mustard on the sausage was another enhancement.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I couldn’t remember the last time I ate Vienna sausages, but this thread induced me to buy some. Thank you, OP.

Not haute cuisine, but I voted “Tasty”. I sliced ‘em in half length wise to provide a flat surface so they’d sit securely on a Club cracker. The cracker provides a welcome crunchy aspect. Some Thumann’s Düsseldorf mustard on the sausage was another enhancement.

next time,

get a can of Vienna's, pack of crackers, a packet or 3 of the convenience store mustard, and a plastic fork, or use your pocket knife,

pluck one from the can, nip the corner off the packet of cheap yellow mustard and apply, then eat a bit, have a cracker,

works best with a cold Bud or similar beer, but a Coke or water will do,

and outside,, sitting on a tail gate,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

What is the material used for the eyes?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30668 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
They look like raisins cut in half

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

next time,

get a can of Vienna's, pack of crackers, a packet or 3 of the convenience store mustard, and a plastic fork, or use your pocket knife, <snip>

I like my method better. For gracious living. Smile

Serious about crackers

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

next time,

get a can of Vienna's, pack of crackers, a packet or 3 of the convenience store mustard, and a plastic fork, or use your pocket knife, <snip>

I like my method better. For gracious living. Smile

understood!

Cool

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I used to get Vienna sausage sandwiches in my school lunch occasionally when I was in grade school.

All the other kids loved them, too.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like to keep 10 or 12 cans of them handy (and a box of saltines) just in case a tropical storm hits. And a jar of Duke's mayonnaise, and some hot sauce.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
I like to keep 10 or 12 cans of them handy (and a box of saltines) just in case a tropical storm hits. And a jar of Duke's mayonnaise, and some hot sauce.

Or, giant meteorites. Or, mutant viruses, escaped from secret laboratories. Or flesh eating vines. Locusts. Frogs. Earthquakes. Trumpets, seven in number.

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pasound
posted Hide Post
Haven't had one since I was a kid - six decades ago. Now I'm tempted again. Maybe SPAM again, too.

Old, stubborn, heavily armed.

Posts: 27 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: January 30, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

What is the material used for the eyes?

I don’t know, but I like RichardC’s guess (raisins) – it was my guess too.

BTW – I’m thinking that the case of an expended .17 HMR cartridge would be a good utensil for cutting the nostrils. Sharpened a bit on a bench stone.

Serious about crackers

A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I have not had Vienna sausage in 50 years and won't. Just nasty shit and that jizz it is packed with makes me want to puke just thinking about it. Makes Spam look good.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
Makes Spam look good.

Nothin' wrong with a little Spam from time to time. (Does Treet still exist??)

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Makes Spam look good.

Nothin' wrong with a little Spam from time to time. (Does Treet still exist??)

Yep, Treet is still around. I much prefer SPAM though, as it comes in about a dozen varieties. RichardC is totally correct; Vienna sausages are just right for any calamity. I drove to Costco at the beginning of the pandemic, and got a carton of 18 cans. Which was on top of the two six can packs I already had on hand.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Makes Spam look good.

Nothin' wrong with a little Spam from time to time.

I agree 100%!! About 2-3 X/year I get a real hankerin' for a Spam sandwich. White deli roll, mayo, and a bit of mustard.......yum!! One can also add some purple onion for a more upscale dining pleasure.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Mmmmmmmm, SPAM sammich Smile

Couple slices warmed to perfection in a fry pan.

Slice o' mater...

Some proper mayo.

Fresh baked homemade bread.

Some tater chips on the side, perhaps?

Served with a nice Valpolicella or perhaps a well chilled glass of beer...

Ahhhhhh.

That Vienna sausage sammich gots me tinkin' too.

Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:

....looks like 'Vienna Peeps'.....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
As I mentioned earlier I like Vienna Sausages.

I find Spam intolerable, I don't like the taste of it!

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post