SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Glock incident: beware of this issue
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock incident: beware of this issue Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... been around Glocks since they first became popular and seen them shot thousands of times. Never saw the pin work out ever.
So... Tell us more about the holster. That's what I want to know.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
My guess would be that someone had their finger in the trigger guard while they were putting the firearm back in the holster. So they had to come up with some BS as an out.

Keep your cotton pickin finger out of the cotton pickin trigger guard!

Yup, the only pin that screwed up was the one attached to the end of his hand.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yep, I ain’t buyin’ it either. Finger on the trigger or he snagged a piece of clothing or a drawstring or some other foreign object got in there. Trigger safety pin walked out? Please....

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
For gawds-sakes the man is hideously embarrassed with his screw up.

Pretend you believe him...just to be kind.

Then snicker behind his back.

Posts: 261 | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I vote no. Every time someone shoots them selves it is suddenly a equipment failure.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
What a load of bullshit. Too bad they do not allow comments on the article.

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
This is extremely, extremely rare. If this pin worked out on one of mine I’d just get a new shoe assy from Glock and call it good. The pin or hole(s) may have been out of spec. It’s a press fit.

I’ve heard of it happening occasionally on Walther too.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gun wakes up in middle of night and has trigger depressed by the manual.

Posts: 907 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
They've only made several million of these.

Even if the trigger safety fell out, something still needed to pull the trigger back.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
The thing I find hard to understand is, Is it really that hard to say, “I screwed up?”

Long ago in my first corporate experience I learned that when something goes wrong if one says, “I’m sorry, I’ll fix it.” whatever it was is almost instantly forgotten. All anyone remembers (if anyone remembers anything) is that you jumped right in and fixed it. On the other hand, if one wastes time talking about how it wasn’t their fault, then it becomes a big thing.

Turns out if you make a habit of using the first approach and when something happen that isn’t your fault you jump in and say “I’ll fix it.” (and do) that gets noticed and appreciated too. Nobody gives a shit whose fault it is, they just want it fixed and to move on.

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just don't see how this could happen.

But, apparently it was not the officer who had the Glock who discharged that made the claim, rather it was another officer at the range who saw this after the discharge.

Expect they took photos, etc.

But, very difficult to believe,

Bob

Posts: 1573 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I too would like to be seated with the bullshit cowed by the window

No way

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I don't see how it would have leverage to fire without the pin.

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our agency has had one trigger safety pin walk out. Saw it with my own eyes. One year old gun.

That said, I'm not convinced that this is the proximate cause in the discharge here. More likely the pin walked at some point, the trigger safety fell out, and now they're saying that, and not the application, intentional or otherwise, of pressure to the trigger.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Another forum had a guy that had actually worked on exactly 3 of these that this happened to. No one was injured. All were aftermarket trigger parts.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Nope. He fucked up

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
20:1 he either had worked on his trigger and moved the pin previously making it loose. Or he had replaced the pin, with something incorrectly sized.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Bull.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
It's a poor craftsman who blames his tools.

...but my miter saw really does cut stuff too short sometimes. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't buy it. Those pins are in their pretty darn good and are only put in on one side. To replace that pin with another, you would destroy the trigger shoe as the pin only goes in one way. People need to man-up and take responsibility for their actions.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post