SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm about to go on a date and I'm nervous.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm about to go on a date and I'm nervous. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Remember, take it slow. Don't propose until at least the second week!

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1128 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Don't talk about politics, religion, or past romances.

You want to have a good time and get laid Wink

OR guns. Don't be nervous. Just act like you're going to dinner with a fried. Let her steer the conversation.....and just go along with the conversation she brings up......if she asks what your hobbies are, tell her and then ask her hers......keep the conversation LIGHT and fun, not religion, politics or anything like that.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
So I scrolled ahead to read the post date report. 5:40 am!? That is one marathon date Frayed!

I'm very proud of myself. Big Grin

I think you are supposed to call a Dr or something if it lasts more than 4 hours...

I thought you were supposed to call your friends and brag about it?

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
quote:
We got along great but we both had tons of booze in us when we met.

I hope you weren't this drunk. I truly do...!

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terma-nator:
quote:
We got along great but we both had tons of booze in us when we met.

I hope you weren't this drunk. I truly do...!
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uivbBu1pXRg" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Luckily with Facebook and picking her up sober I was sure I liked her before getting to that point of drunk.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12437 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
God I love you guys. Okay quick update. It's 5:40 AM and I just got home. So things went better than expected. She's not overly political and didn't like either candidate last time. She has taken her LTC class (what they call a CCW here in MA) and has her letters of recommendation but just needs to get to the police station to apply. Her dad has tons of guns. She is originally from Montana. So yeah, all is well.

I just mentioned that I know Bendable and that we should get sex out of the way first and everything just took off from there.

IT wasn't bendable by the time you got home at 5:40am???

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post
quote:
...It's 5:40 AM and I just got home. So things went better than expected...Her dad has tons of guns. She is originally from Montana. So yeah, all is well.

I just mentioned that I know Bendable and that we should get sex out of the way first and everything just took off from there.

Just curious, do we have any SigForum Members from Montana that have a daughter living in or around Lancaster, MA?
Big Grin

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TBH:
Remember, take it slow. Don't propose until at least the second week!

Post a winking emoji please! Pretty sure he is kidding... Big Grin Wink

Glad it went well, it's always great having a long night of personal connection with a new chick...assuming you were saying you didn't JUST have sex with her. Those nights are pretty awesome when you spend hours upon hours with a girl you have so much more interest in than simple lust. Sure there are girls good for just a one night hook-up, but yours seems to have more to it, which is great.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Glad that your first date went well. Finding a compatible woman is not the easiest thing to do. The first date is making sure she isn't bat shit crazy. Sounds like you have made it past that. Next is to find out just what Level of crazy, and if that is a level you can live with.Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Good on you, glad it turned out for ya!

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
Glad that your first date went well. Finding a compatible woman is not the easiest thing to do. The first date is making sure she isn't bat shit crazy. Sounds like you have made it past that. Next is to find out just what Level of crazy, and if that is a level you can live with.Big Grin

This should help...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
As far as I can remember, been ages, the trick was to LISTEN and not so much to do the talking. Be a good listener and you'll close the deal if so you decide.

There will be a time to speak your truth, it will be brief and the you'll learn to say "yes, Dear!" whenever you hear the sound of her voice.

Good luck and have fun.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12110 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sleepla8er:
quote:
...It's 5:40 AM and I just got home. So things went better than expected...Her dad has tons of guns. She is originally from Montana. So yeah, all is well.

Just curious, do we have any SigForum Members from Montana that have a daughter living in or around Lancaster, MA?
Big Grin

Hey hey, we are adults. We stayed up and talked all night long, without realizing how long our deep meaningful conversation had been going on. I mostly listened with the occasional apology thrown in for good measure. Big Grin

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12437 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
On a first date don't talk about yourself. Ask her questions so she knows you are interested in her. You also find out a lot about her without having to disclose much about you.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post