SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm about to go on a date and I'm nervous.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm about to go on a date and I'm nervous. Login/Join 
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Ask her if she just wants to get the sex thing out of the way first, so you can get to know each other.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
God I love you guys. Okay quick update. It's 5:40 AM and I just got home. So things went better than expected. She's not overly political and didn't like either candidate last time. She has taken her LTC class (what they call a CCW here in MA) and has her letters of recommendation but just needs to get to the police station to apply. Her dad has tons of guns. She is originally from Montana. So yeah, all is well.

I just mentioned that I know Bendable and that we should get sex out of the way first and everything just took off from there.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12437 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
That's a long 1st date. I was kinda worried, MA & all. I thought she would be a hard lefty, so prevalent in that State. Not that it all matters much on a 1st date though.

Maybe her Dad can line you up with an Elk hunt?

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Remember, if she is a keeper, lock her in the basement Big Grin.
Actually, I've noticed that guys that "listen" to what women have to say, have better results. I usually say "move your ass, you're blocking the tv"!

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1128 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great start!

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
This whole thread could evolve into a sitcom. Or maybe a syndicated advice column...

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I'm glad y'all had a good time.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
So I scrolled ahead to read the post date report. 5:40 am!? That is one marathon date Frayed!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
So I scrolled ahead to read the post date report. 5:40 am!? That is one marathon date Frayed!

I'm very proud of myself. Big Grin

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12437 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
Ask her if she just wants to get the sex thing out of the way first, so you can get to know each other.
So tell us, did you get to know each other?

EDIT: Not in the Biblical sense. I'm not asking about that.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Glad it went well! Massachusetts is lost in the political class, but the people are not all nuts. My daughter (from Mass and Florida) and her boyfriend (from Connecticut) are taking their LTC class, can't stand Hillary, would like to burn Maura Healey at the stake, and despise Fauxahontas.

There is hope! Arcwelder76 for Governor!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:

Good for you. New England can be a tough place for single guys.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Excellent!! Glad you had a good first date!! If she's a Boston Bruins fan, that's just sweet icing on the cake, my man. If she knows which team Ray Borque won the cup with, then she's a keepuh and worth every bit of chowduh she can eat... Razz

ETA:
Sorry, but have to ask....IS IT "just like riding a bike"???

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Good for you (both)

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
This whole thread could evolve into a sitcom. Or maybe a syndicated advice column...

Or court docket Big Grin

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in the saddle again...

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:

I think you are supposed to call a Dr or something if it lasts more than 4 hours...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I know this is a late post, but jib jab:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8270092524

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just mentioned that I know Bendable

Always solid dating advice, glad the move worked. Big Grin

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
So tell us, did you get to know each other?

EDIT: Not in the Biblical sense. I'm not asking about that.

Yes as a matter of fact we did. I was pleasantly surprised by how similar we were on a lot of things. She is very smart and that impressed me a lot. It was really a great evening.

These go to eleven.