SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I'm about to go on a date and I'm nervous.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm about to go on a date and I'm nervous. Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
I've been divorced for a bit over 2 years. Had one rebound fling but that's all. I just met a girl at a big Memorial Day party. We got along great but we both had tons of booze in us when we met.

I have no idea how she feels about guns. It's making me nervous. Can't wait to tell her I'm a Trump supporter. Wish me luck!

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Good luck on the date. I recommend keeping politics out of a first date unless you want it to end prematurely.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Don't talk about politics, religion, or past romances.

You want to have a good time and get laid Wink

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Good luck on the date!

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I would keep out politics. Good luck, just go and have fun, keep it light and casual. Plenty of time for heavy conversation later.

If she brings up being a Bernie lover or something, well then run, but I would avoid the subject. Keep in mind, she may be slightly left or something, but I have successfully converted my wife to the right side of politics over the years, so there could be hope if shes not too far down the liberal path!

Seriously though, good luck, have fun.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I won't talk politics if at all possible. But how do I not talk about guns? LOL

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Relax Big Grin

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Hey that sounds like fun. Don't have any expectations, be yourself, and enjoy.

If it works great, if not, plenty of fish in the sea.

Cheers~

Posts: 904 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Perry:
Relax Big Grin

So I'm going out with 2 loaded guns. Uh Oh!!! Big Grin

These go to eleven.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Are you going to wear your Man Romper?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Are you going to wear your Man Romper?

I keep going between that and the unitard. I just don't know what to do. (I actually had to Google "man romper". WTF, LOL)

ETA: Just saw the Romper thread, yeah where is that comet anyway?

These go to eleven.

Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Perry:
Relax Big Grin

Wouldn't that be like going out with an empty gun?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
I won't talk politics if at all possible. But how do I not talk about guns? LOL

I think it was the 4th or 5th date with my fiancee that we went to the range. Smile

Enjoy the new found company and have fun.

Posts: 1799 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:

Wouldn't that be like going out with an empty gun?

The context in the movie is missing from the meme. The answer was no he doesn't, so therefore he is going with a loaded gun.

These go to eleven.

posted Hide Post
I remember when I went thru the same thing you are going thru. I was very nervous. She was just as nervous. We have been married now for 39 years.
Relax, have a good time.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Good luck and have a great time, frayedends. I hope she's "all that AND a bag of chips"!!! Please let us know how it went.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
And we are expecting a complete after action report!

Seriously be relaxed and enjoy yourself.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
feel free to drop my name , if you need to Smile

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Good luck and just be yourself. Opposites attract right?

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Give a dose of hoopes #9 as an aftershave.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post