SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Illinois Members: Urgent Call to Action 5/15/2017 - "Assault Weapon" Ban On The Move!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Illinois Members: Urgent Call to Action 5/15/2017 - "Assault Weapon" Ban On The Move! Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
Urgent Call to Action 5/15/2017 - "Assault Weapon" Ban On The Move!

Excerpt:
quote:

Urgent Call to Action

Witness Slips Needed

Earlier this evening [Monday, May 15, 2017] Amendment 1 to SB556 Criminal Law Tech was scheduled to be heard in the Senate Judiciary Committee tomorrow morning at 10:30 AM. If this bill becomes law it will arbitrarily define and ban possession of “assault weapons” throughout the State of Illinois.

Witness Slips Are Needed Now!

Please take a moment tonight or early tomorrow morning to show your opposition to this ban on the some of the most commonly owned, modern firearms.

And, if you haven't already filed a witness slip against SB1657 Gun Dealer Licensing, please see the instructions in our IllinoisCarry Forum Alert. File these slips before tomorrow morning as well!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Edited.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If you want to get this thread locked, keep going with that stuff.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If you want to get this thread locked, keep going with that stuff.

Will edit.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Those fucking bastards in Springfield and Chicago will just never quit...

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Illinois' issues with firearm deaths can be remedied by distributing aspirin to all the females in the state. Just one tablet will do it, so long as they hold it between their knees.

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
The source of the majority of gun violence in Illinois is in a very specific area. Yet no one there wants to point out the obvious.

I'm from the Chicago area and always enjoy going back for the food but the trash that has infested that city has changed it worse than it was before.

The state is broke, people who work are leaving because cost of living is ridiculous. Madigan and Rahm have the state by its balls. Why should decent people stay?

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately my representatives don't give a shit about my opinion. Though I keep writing them on issues that concern me I always get the standard thanks now go away response. I can't get out of this state soon enough. Hopefully my prison term ends within 5-10 years Smile

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Those fucking bastards in Springfield and Chicago will just never quit...

Yep and Bloomberg cash motivates them extra. Witness slips done and membership in the Illinois State Rifle Association here. Since we now have President Trump there is a huge push on gun control at the state level in blue and purple states. Sadly most law abiding gun owners are not paying attention. Circuit Courts are upholding a lot of these outrageous gun bans and Second Amendment infringements.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
The source of the majority of gun violence in Illinois is in a very specific area. Yet no one there wants to point out the obvious.

I'm from the Chicago area and always enjoy going back for the food but the trash that has infested that city has changed it worse than it was before.

The state is broke, people who work are leaving because cost of living is ridiculous. Madigan and Rahm have the state by its balls. Why should decent people stay?
Just as soon as my cousin-in-law retired, he and my cousin moved from Chicago to Arizona.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
What they need to do is keep guns out of the hands of democrats. If you overlay the crime map with the voting map, it is almost a perfect match. The majority of the crime and murders are committed in the precincts that voted Dimocratic.

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1366 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Well it made it out of committee by one vote and there is going to be a vote in the house where it will probably pass.

Wonderful. A state licensing board filled with gun hating liberal democrats if this gets to law. License fee is expected to be $5000. That right there will probably get most home based FFLs to throw in the towel per their plan.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.c...ces-house-committee/

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post