SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What the hell kind of spider is this?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What the hell kind of spider is this? Login/Join 
posted
It looked scary, so it had to die. The Wolf spiders I leave alone because I know they mean no harm, but this little bastard looked dangerous in my garage. What kind was it?

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 964 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
There is only one kind.... Creepy ass and dead

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Brown Widow, I think. I could be wrong. I have been, before.

After looking at this, I think it may be an Orb Weaver. It appears to have spines on its legs.

http://cisr.ucr.edu/brown_widow_spider.html

I'd probly kill the shit out of it, if it was in my hut or dwelling.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Why do I open these threads?? Eek
Now it's off to get the propane tank refilled, as summer is almost here!!!

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Normal and harmless garden spider, ready to lay a couple thousand eggs. Good on you for killing her dead.

Strong work.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
That particular common brown house spider EATS Brown Recluses.

Not kidding.

It's one of the good guys.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34082 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
best get it out of the house, if she pops thousands of micro spiders are going to run off and hide, waiting to get you...

Posts: 23242 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

Not kidding.

Dammit!

Gets more creepy. Last night as I come home and prepare to open my door...I see a shadow for some reason. Bust out the trusty iPhone flashlight and BAM! This big ol' sumbitch was waiting for me.

Needless to way, I went in the side door.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 964 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Normal and harmless garden spider, ready to lay a couple thousand eggs. Good on you for killing her dead.

Strong work.

Big Grin

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Brown Widow, I think.

Yep, spawn of the Brown Recluse and the Black Widow. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What about this guy? Should I be worried about this little guy?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Nah, half a scorpion is no threat.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I'm with Marzy on the brown house spider...they are good ones...except they shit on everything that's under them and it's some more tenacious stuff to remove sometimes...

That's a big girl there...probably made a ton of babies (and they have been known to return to avenge their mothers death) Eek

Best to sleep with panty hose stretched over your head for a few nights...keeps the babies out of your ears, nose and mouth...until they forget what you did to mom Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Have an aerosol spray of carb cleaner at the ready.
Spray and literally watch them emulsify and die.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonDaddy82:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

Not kidding.

Dammit!

Gets more creepy. Last night as I come home and prepare to open my door...I see a shadow for some reason. Bust out the trusty iPhone flashlight and BAM! This big ol' sumbitch was waiting for me.

Needless to way, I went in the side door.

Not carrying a gun, eh?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
"She should have died hereafter;
There would have been a time for such a word.
— To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing."

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Mrs. Mike mentioned that there was a spider at the mailbox last week....I finally meandered out there and found a Black Widow

Guess who got stabbed to DEATH by a handcuff key???

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

She hates spiders and I would burn the earth down for her...so spiders die.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
JD82, that one by your door looked like a Wolf Spider to me. They're big and scary, but not much of a threat. I'd leave it alone. (Now, in the bedroom would be a different matter--I'd try to catch it and put it outside.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
FFS the storms here bother be enough and now you show me that big bastard on your door!!! I am afraid Spring Hill is going to have to burn now.

Now I know why Sherman burned everything along with he way. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cslinger,

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I left the big Wolf spider alone. Figured he'd help with my Japanese beetle invasion, that, and I didn't have an AK on me at the time to battle him with. I don't think 9mm would have done the trick!

IDPA ESP SS