SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is the weirdest thing you've seen in a public restroom?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
What is the weirdest thing you've seen in a public restroom? Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Had a director who would answer his business phone while on the crapper. He would also call into meetings as needed too.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Senator Larry Craig with his wide stance and proclamation that he was not gay. Now a lobbyist for the timber industry.

Got wood?

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Report This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
At the Home Depot at 6555 Little River Turnpike in Alexandria VA, someone took a dump on the flushing valve. That means they had to stand up on the bowl, drop their drawers, . . . well, you get the idea.

This is one of several Home Depots in the DC area that provides an orange bucket in each stall for the clientele, because otherwise the used toilet paper winds up on the floor.

You know, from our friends from south of the border.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I could say I actually saw this but in reality it was a cartoon, a sign on the stall door that read "Employees must use paper."

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Had a director who would answer his business phone while on the crapper. He would also call into meetings as needed too.

That's not weird. That's simply a very efficient use of time.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
A fancy restaurant / hotel back east, or was it Vegas, had a shoe shiner (person not machine) in the men's room, all set up for business.

Another place had a restroom attendant who handed you a towel. That's a crappy job.

In Amsterdam, there's a public restroom where you have to pay the older lady attendant after you enter for the use of the toilet. She just kind-a sits in a booth in the restroom and collects the money.

None of these are unusual, much less weird.

The first 2 are very common at high end restaurants and hotels. The attendant's job is to keep the restroom spotless between customers

The 3rd is pretty much universal outside of North America...that is how they keep all the other stuff you're reading about from happening

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14183 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Long ago, I was standing at a urinal doing my business, by myself in a large public bathroom with a dozen urinals. A guy walks in and urinates in the one right next to me.

One time I was at an Elvis Costello concert and Joe Satriani walks in to use the one next to me, and starts talking to me about how great the concert is.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16689 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

...And then there are the cute signs: "We aim to please; you aim, too, please"...

flashguy

First time I saw that sign was in the early 1960's, posted on the wall of an outhouse at the summer lake home of a federal judge who my father used to work for.

A few months before that, I was at his official swearing-in as a judge, nice ceremony with robes, somber formality, and a speech by Senator Everett Dirkson. It was good to see that he had a sense of humor!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9154 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
A pool table at Shoji Tabuchi theater in Branson, MO

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4834 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Report This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
This happened at work, 2 guys coming out of the same stall.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I've been in coed/unisex bathrooms in night clubs, sometimes for extended periods.

People making out, people having sex, drug deals, business deals, cross dressers, little people, nekkid people, famous people, and more. In this context, almost anything you can imagine.

But in a garden variety public restroom? Nothing remarkable.

Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

Tranny Restroom?

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 717 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've been in coed/unisex bathrooms in night clubs, sometimes for extended periods.

"For extended periods"... so you...in other words...uh... never mind. Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a slab from the Berlin Wall in a urinal of a men's room in the lobby at The Main Street Station Hotel in Las Vegas.

Posts: 331 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: August 06, 2004Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:

"For extended periods"... so you...in other words...uh... never mind. Big Grin

Some have sitting areas with couches *inside* the coed bathroom. Sometimes it's *the* happening spot. Some nights I've entered a given club, parked myself on the couch in the coed bathroom with my date, and never left until I left that night. Sounds weird, I'm sure, but at the time it was hardly different than snagging a spot at the bar, except it was in the bathroom at the bar... Which was clean, with cool furniture, and all that, usually had a Porter working in there too, and sometimes cocktail service in there. Like a VIP room before VIP rooms were a thing.

posted Hide Post
At a racketball club in the 80's, a gentleman would shave each morning after his shower. He would do so naked and place his junk on top of a hand towel draped over the sink rim/counter. Didn't know if he was displaying it or attempting to dry the under carriage but it was bothersome to see.

Posts: 179 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This summer. Hilton Head Island. Community pool, middle of the afternoon. Old guy wearing his swim suit, shaving. I know shaving at an airport is fairly common - but a community swimming pool in the middle of day? Just a little strange in my book.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Didn't see first-hand, but wife described as she walked out and told me I was going to have to buy another cup of coffee at another shop to get her the privilege of using a toilet in Italy.

As she described it, this is WAY more refined. Her version was a hole in a tile floor with two sandpaper gripping things beside it.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12413 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's not weird. That's simply a very efficient use of time.

You and LBJ.

Posts: 17230 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post