SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ted Nugent on PBS Off the Record (Michigan political disscussion show)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ted Nugent on PBS Off the Record (Michigan political disscussion show) Login/Join 
Excitable Boy
Picture of Dan the man
posted
I know a lot of folks have low opinion of him as a person. I've always liked his music and his public persona. He's sometimes bombastic (like our president) but always displays a heartfelt love of our country and the constitution.

Tonight he stayed mostly on point and represented our side (conservatism) much better than I ever could have. Took a huge swipe at Michigan DNR policies, gave candid opinions of Michigan politics and politicians and did a nice job explaining the Trump phenomenon.

I was surprised that he addressed the accusations of him dodging Viet Nam. He registered and his number didn't come up. Eighteen years old, doing gigs almost every night. I would not have volunteered myself.

If interested in watching he enters the show around 11:30-
https://www.pbs.org/video/october-5-2018-4814-mpqp4w/

China is Asshoe

Posts: 2270 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan the man:

I was surprised that he addressed the accusations of him dodging Viet Nam. He registered and his number didn't come up. Eighteen years old, doing gigs almost every night. I would not have volunteered myself.
Well his story keeps changing.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/214...agazine-july-15-1990

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-artful-dodger/

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/b...-draft-dodger-467132

All these versions can't be true, meaning he has lied about what really happened. I'm the 70s and 80s when his "customers" thought it was cool to have the military, and dodge the draft, he was proud of his antics to avoid the draft. Now that his "customers" don't like /respect draft dodgers he keeps changing his story.

Roll Eyes

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Excitable Boy
Picture of Dan the man
posted Hide Post
quote:
he keeps changing his story.

Roll Eyes

Maybe so.
I'm grateful that I am not constantly forced to defend things I may or may not have did when I was a teenager.

China is Asshoe

Posts: 2270 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
For the love of Dog, not this again.

Got quite the archive there DMF. You been saving that just for this?

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan the man:
quote:
he keeps changing his story.

Roll Eyes

Maybe so.
I'm grateful that I am not constantly forced to defend things I may or may not have did when I was a teenager.
It's not merely having to defend something he did years ago, it's the fact that he keeps changing his story. Meaning he's been lying about it. If he wouldn't keep changing his story, and just tell the truth, I wouldn't have any complaint on that topic.

There's no maybe about, there is proof he keeps changing his account of why he didn't serve during the Vietnam era.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Excitable Boy
Picture of Dan the man
posted Hide Post
quote:
There's no maybe about, there is proof he keeps changing his account of why he didn't serve during the Vietnam era.

Allrighty then.

China is Asshoe

Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
His birthdate is December 13, 1948. In the 1970 dtaft lottery he would have had 163. That would have kept him out of the draft. Mine has n the same lottery was 89 and they went back not the 130s in 1971.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Uncle Ted. What a piece of work.

I bought his first solo album when it was released back in the mid 70s; I was a skateboarder and Nugent was one of the rockers skaters loved. Saw him in concert a couple of times in the 70s. I was a big fan for awhile in high school. Then I outgrew him and moved onto The Clash and The Ramones. I'll admit Stormtroopin from Double Live Gonzo is a really good live song. But man, I got tired of his schtick, even in high school. And his schtick in later years did not get much better. Back then, all of his fans knew of his stories of avoiding the draft, of all of the 14yo poon tang the guy was getting, etc.

Really bright guy, and without question, for better or worse, he's got the gift of gab. It actually still surprises me that he is at all relevant in today's world.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post