SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thumbs up to RIDGID brand power tools service
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thumbs up to RIDGID brand power tools service Login/Join 
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted
Just wanted to give a big thumbs up to RIDGID brand power tools service department.

Back in 11/2006 I bought a four power tool 24V set (Hammer Drill, Flashlight, Circular Saw, Reciprocating Saw, 2 Batts and Charger) from Home Depot. I went through all their extra steps to register them for their Lifetime Service Agreement.

Fast forward to this past Monday (12/4/2017) and I called their service department about getting new 24 Volt Lithium Batteries. The nice lady on the phone told me yes they have my Lifetime Service Agreement on file but they don't make those batteries anymore. She said she would escalate it to another person and that I'd hear something by mid-week.

Well on Wednesday I received an email that they were replacing my entire tool set. Today I picked up my tool set from the local fedex store. They sent me a 5 tool 18V Lithium set that Home Depot currently sells for about $500. The tools are smaller, lighter and more powerful than my previous set. Also it included an impact gun which is something my previous set didn't have.

Bravo RIDGID, Bravo!!

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RI...-Bag-R9652/205883898

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ridgid makes quality threading machines, pipe wrenches, etc.

Never been a fan of their cordless equipment, but their response is impressive.

Enjoy your new toys.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I have one of their drills that I bought about the same time as you bought your tools. I registered them and kept the original receipt. When the batteries stopped working, I tried to get them replaced but I had to jump through a lot of hoops. I just gave up and bought a Milwaukee. Their batteries suck too. They only last a year. I've got a drawer full of them.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't beat that for service.

I went with 20v dewalt Lion a year ago and so far the batteries are still great. Happy with the tools.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you've had a positive experience but must post that mine has been exact opposite.

Been lied to by their authorized service center. Had to post on their(Ridgids) facebook and email thru warranty portal and direct thru their contact us mechanism.

Finally aroused them to step in. Been without cordless saw since august. Supposedly will get in back in January. Poor quality motor and lousy service.

Will not buy another cordless tool from them.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How they think thats a good warranty if your without the saw for six months. Should just get me a replacement.

Glad I've got corded circ saws and my ryobi near toy grade cordless circ.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
That is good to hear.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow - great outcome !!

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife works for a Home Depot and has for years. I was looking to get another drill, as my Dewalt died (actually the batteries did), after several of faithful service and I couldn't afford to get a newer version. She told me the Ridgid brand had the least problems or people returning them,which is what I hear from a few friends who work at other hardware stores tell me. I have a 20v and am impressed with the torque on it.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post