Find
Notify
Tools

Fig Newtons Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I like them well enough, and have had plenty over the years, but I doubt I've ever bought more than a couple of packages of them myself.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
there is a small roadside stop here in AZ on I8 called Dateland and they grow fresh dates - I usually pick up a bag or two of fresh Medjools - they are awesome if you've never had any really fresh dates - like picked that morning

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I grew up on them because my father was a fanatic.
I don't remember enjoying them like I have the last couple of years.

That and the prices are outrageous.

I believe it was within the last year the girlfriend picked up a package from Aldi, and unfortunately i am hooked.

I bought a sleeve for the drive to Durham tomorrow to set up temporary housing.

I have suffered from kidney stones off and on for years but I am not giving up coffee and not aldi fig newtons.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Used to eat them as a kid. I think the last time I had them was at my parent's house. Don't think I've ever bought them myself even though I have no trouble eating them.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I always wondered where the "Newton" came from. According to Wikipedia:

"The product was named after the city of Newton, Massachusetts."

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
They're not my favorite cookie (not really into sweets anyway), but I will say they are an EXCELLENT energy snack if you're on a long bike ride.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
I like FN, but they are calorie dense.

Here's Brian Regan on Fig Newtons. The first 90 seconds.

Fig New Serving Size

Regan was the first thing I thought of when I saw the title.

I'm with him, I can eat them by the sleeve.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
I'm down with chomping on the Newtons.

There is only one flavor. That is the fig.

I only have them every year or two, but enjoy when it happens.

Cheers~

Posts: 905 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
Love them!! Problem is I eat a whole sleeve at a time

It is my firmly held belief that had they been intended to only be consumed one or two at a time, they would have been thusly wrapped. So, it's considered a "serving size." No problem.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Always liked fig newtons, but don't eat them that often.
The blueberry flavor is extra awesome.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LH2
posted Hide Post
Love fig newtons since I was a kid. Mom allowed these over the super sweet Oreos and stuff, so these were what we had around.

I don't really enjoy the other flavors I've tried like berry or apple.

Posts: 3443 | Location: Arizona | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post