New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fig Newtons Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Evil things....I hate them, not sure I can stay on SF with this many sick people. The cruestest joke ever is to bring these to a child instead of real cookies.....might as well be over cooked cauliflower.

I am sure you all like Vegemite as well Big Grin

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I ate them a lot as a kid. Now I see them at the aid stations for long distance bicycle rides as a good energy snack - changes up having gel packs. Some fig newtons and a banana and head off to the next station.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like FN, but they are calorie dense.

Here's Brian Regan on Fig Newtons. The first 90 seconds.

Fig New Serving Size

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
They are my favorite cookie

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
I love Fig Newtons as well. I always feel just a bit weird buying them.

"Let's see here...cookie aisle, Oreo, nah...Chips Ahoy, no....Nutter Butter, hmmm no. Fig Newtons! Oh man!"

Fig Newtons are the Burning Man of the cookie aisle. Smile

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29699 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Yes!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I eat them a bag at a time - you can't have just one...gotta have them all

besides if you open the bag and don't finish them off, they will get hard and stale

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53180 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I skip the newtons and just pick figs off my tree. I never really liked figs but it came with the house. After taking care of it the last few years, it's producing a ton of figs and they are super tasty.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
yuch not for me

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
My grandpa liked to put mustard on them.

Posts: 321 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
I love fig newtons. My grandmother would buy these and the nutter butter peanut butter sandwich cookies for us kids when we visited. I remember seeing this commercial on TV all the time back in the 70s.

To Para's point, you can see how they were indeed larger back then.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but only the original, the cake isn't as good on the off brands.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Yer darn tootin' I like Fig Newtons.

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Love figs!!! Fig newtons too!

However! They are a bit sweet.

I mainline now and go stright to Turkish figs!

Reminds me, when I was young, living in Brooklyn we had a fig tree in the back yard.

Beautiful broad leaves and delicious.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
I love Fig Newtons as well. I always feel just a bit weird buying them.

"Let's see here...cookie aisle, Oreo, nah...Chips Ahoy, no....Nutter Butter, hmmm no. Fig Newtons! Oh man!"

Just buy some cover items, like Preparation H or kale, that way people won't notice that you like Fig Newtons.

quote:
Originally posted by MrToad:
To Para's point, you can see how they were indeed larger back then.

I think it's Little Debbie or one of those, that makes large "fig bars" that are pretty good. Other brands, and the modern Newton are smaller.

Also, I too wonder why only Fig Newtons have cake that doesn't taste like a cardboard box.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Puddle Pirate
Picture of kornesque
posted Hide Post
are delicious.

Finished that topic line for ya buddy!

"Happiness is red and free."

Posts: 1794 | Location: Low Country, SC | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Tried as a kid. only ate the cookie / cake from around the fruit. Wouldn't touch one now with a 10 foot pole. You all can have them all.

Posts: 1955 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I'm a super picky eater, but one of the few cookies I give a shit about are Fig Newtons. The Fig Newmans are the best ones, period, and the Little Debbie Fig Bars are better than the "real" FN's. My all time favorite cookies are the upscale really expensive version of the girl scout "Samoas". I can't remember the name of them exactly, but it was something like "Yes Yes!". They were awesome and I used to buy them in a local store, now gone, and haven't seen them since the "samoas" appeared, which are great, but just not as good. Hmm....

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGINT-228
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder - I just ate two. Big Grin

------------------------------------------------------------
“Come on you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?” Sergeant Major Dan Daly (USMC)

Posts: 1097 | Registered: August 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pack them for ultra trail marathons. Yum.

Posts: 991 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post