Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fig Newtons Login/Join 
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Fig Newtons be da' debal'. Tru dat', yo'.

They are very addictive. Almost as bad as Cheese-Its.

Fig Newton truth # 57: "I'll bet you can't eat just 20."

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love them, as well as strawberry and raspberry versions.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
Love them too, especially with a cup of coffee.

Posts: 2337 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
You should try Fig Newmans. They are made by Paul Newman's company, Newman's Own. They might be in a different section at the grocery store but they are worth looking for.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are actually a fairly healthy snack also.

Great for energy when hiking - right up there with trail mix.

Ate some last week in fact.

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
I love em. Even found the Walmart brand are just as good as the name brands.

I have to agree that the Wallie World brand is as close to the real deal as any off/store brand fig Newtons I have ever eaten, and you can buy twice as much!

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hell ya. But dia beetus-so I get one of the big ones occasionally at the gas station.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
quote:
Originally posted by John Steed:
No doubt about it, they are the best fruit cookie ever!

Fruit & cake, man. It's fruit & cake!

-Rob
Come on now, some cookies are soft.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2078 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Suppressed:
You should try Fig Newmans. They are made by Paul Newman's company, Newman's Own. They might be in a different section at the grocery store but they are worth looking for.

Fig Newmans are the shit. Even better than Newtons.

http://www.newmansown.com/food...ry-free-fig-newmans/

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I always bring a couple of packages back to work with me. I love 'em. Especially with a glass of ice cold milk.

They're a great energy snack on my bike rides as well.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Now I'm craving some. Let's see if Amazon fresh can deliver in two hours.....

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Love me some Fig Newtons! Not a fan of other fruited Newtons though. I can easily down a sleeve of the original Fig Newtons with a tall glass of cold milk. Smile

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Good stuff, but I can only have them every so often - I go through 'em too fast.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
I love them! But figs are not good for kidney stones, so I enjoy them very rarely. Frown

Didn't know figs aren't good for kidney stones. Learn something new here at SF all the time!

Luckily for my kidneys, I don't like fig newtons. My husband loves them.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love them!! Haven't had them in quite awhile though. Watching what I eat and all. Now I need some.

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
I love them! But figs are not good for kidney stones, so I enjoy them very rarely. Frown

I'm still suffering from last week's attach, so no fig Newtons for me for awhile.

ARman

I was not aware of this. Thank you.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I stick a handful in my cargo pants pocket when I walk my dogs. Shiba Inu like fig newtons too.

So do huskies.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Oh yes. On a recent trip to Africa in which I had lots of trail mix and nut bars, I discovered what I really liked was (other peoples') fig bars. But fig, not the late-comer fruit. Too many at once can overstimulate the GI tract, however.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Love me some Fig Newtons.

You want a real treat, chase 'em with some OJ!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Fig newtons with brie and di parma? Yum?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post