New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Masters Login/Join 
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
excellent year for the masters. some really great names on top of the leaderboard the last 2 days, and a few really great pairings, as well.

the grounds crew did an amazing job on that course. we had massive t-storms monday and wednesday... enough that they had to suspend play monday and cancel the Par 3 tourney on Wednesday. 2" of rain or so, and 40k people walking around on the grounds and you really wouldn't have even known it watching the tournament.

and very happy for Sergio. I've always liked his game but he has been kind of a prickly personality. I imagine some of it from the high expectations, but also some due to the US vs Euros in the Ryder Cup. But glad to see all the patrons behind him, but we should expect nothing less. Patrons at the Masters are the best.

didn't get many pics this year bc they kicked us out due to rain, but here's my fav in front of Ike's Cabin.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I heard they had Tiger Woods handcuffed to a radiator pipe in the Eisenhower Cabin because he insisted he should take Palmer's place in the honorary tee-off.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I heard they had Tiger Woods handcuffed to a radiator pipe in the Eisenhower Cabin because he insisted he should take Palmer's place in the honorary tee-off.

LOL

I was just saying to my wife, now that Tiger is all but officially retired, how long before he drag him out every year to become a ceremonial hitter?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
y'all have Tiger all wrong. I'm not saying he's gonna win anymore, but I definitely think he'll be out there trying.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Have you seen Tiger lately? He looks awful ...

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
I'm happy for Sergio. He's always been a phenomenal ball striker, but struggled mightily with his putting and the attendant mental demons. I can relate completely, the yips are an awful thing to endure. I also enjoyed the sportsmanship he and Rosey displayed.

I'm not the biggest Tiger fan, but as good as the current crop is, none can close on Sunday like Tiger could. I miss that.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10350 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:

Yeah, that happens when you stop taking all them 'roids.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:

Yeah, that happens when you stop taking all them 'roids.
And banging 'dem hoes... Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post