Tools

The Masters Login/Join 
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Millions of golfers around the world crying out at once, "Damnit Sergio, I could have made THAT put!"

Yeah, but millions would have missed it under that pressure. Smile

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
extra innings...what an 18th

was really hoping Sergio would clinch it with that putt but it looked like it was right as soon as it left the putter

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Advantage Sergio.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
WOO HOO!!!!

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
what an awesome ending

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
One happy Spaniard right there. The crowd sure was behind him.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Thoroughly enjoyed watching the final round. Great that Rose and Garcia are friends and celebrated each other's great shots and putts.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great final round! Good sportsmanship by both in that final group.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
That was a nice finish.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Indeed it was. Congrats to Sergio. It's been a long time coming, and he earned it.

And I agree sasquatch, great sportsmanship all around, but notably between Rose and Garcia. It is one of the reasons I love this game.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I miss the azaleas on 13. Was it an unusually cold late winter/early spring in the southeast?

Early spring. I thought they might go buy some that were still blooming. Wink

Sergio almost gave it away, but Rose couldn't quite hold on. And getting a par on the par 5 after an unplayable was well done. An exciting match.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I miss the azaleas on 13. Was it an unusually cold late winter/early spring in the southeast?

Early spring. I thought they might go buy some that were still blooming. Wink

Sergio almost gave it away, but Rose couldn't quite hold on. And getting a par on the par 5 after an unplayable was well done. An exciting match.

Yep, paring #13 after the drop was the turn around for Serg. You could see that he was energized after that and it showed. He will relive that hole for the rest of his life.

Jim

Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Great still photo from when Olazabal won the Masters, Sergio won the low amateur award, and Jim Nantz still had his own hair.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
My favorite Masters Moment. The smile on the kids' face will keep me going all day....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
My favorite Masters Moment. The smile on the kids' face will keep me going all day....

That was a lot of fun.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Not an avid golf fan, but watching the last couple of holes played was very enjoyable.

These guys set good examples for young golfers by commending each other positively and staying focused on the match.

Congrats to Sergio ~

Posts: 904 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:

[snip]

Kuchar is a stand-up guy. I've followed him since he was an amateur and he has always been like this. Hopefully he can get a few Majors under his belt.

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Feherty interviewed Kuchar on his show once and yeah, he is a stand up, down to earth guy. His reaction, as well as the crowd after the hole in one was priceless.

Jim

Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slyguy:
Not an avid golf fan, but watching the last couple of holes played was very enjoyable.

These guys set good examples for young golfers by commending each other positively and staying focused on the match.

Congrats to Sergio ~

That is the beauty of golf...Almost every player is a good example of sportsmanship and etiquette. Very rare these days in professional sports but golf puts on a great show.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
great game ... Smile

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post