Notify
Tools

The Masters Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
Who ya rootin' for?

Me? I'll always cheer and root for Fred. He's one of the nicest most personable guys I've ever met. My father-in-law and I had the pleasure of playing a few holes with him at his home course in Seattle many years ago and I have been a fan ever since. Him and Ernie Els are probably my two favorite older players. Beautiful, easy, effortless swings, and great gentlemen. Some of the last of a great generation of golfers before Tiger rang in the trailer trash generation.

Last stat I saw he was 3 under after 6, and at 57 years old I think it's awesome that he's in the running. Even he admits that he likely can't keep up with the kids, but...who knows?

Aside from him, I'm going for Sergio. I think he's got a real chance of getting his first major as long as he doesn't over-think his swings like he usually does. Watching him yesterday he seems to have matured quite a lot and he's got a real chance.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I like Fowler and Garcia - actually rooting for Sergio. If he can hold it together I think it would be an awesome win.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see Fred finish in the top 5. That would be quite an achievement at his age. I'm usually rooting for Phil but I'm finding myself in Garcia's camp this time around. He has really turned himself around from the arrogant, egotistical youngster to a mature player that has earned my respect. To win the Masters as a first major at the age of 37 would really be something to see.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Rory has been letting me down. Looks like I'm going to lose a dollar.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Fred is 4 back after 8.

Spieth has a chance today too. If he plays like he did yesterday he'll be right there.

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Sergio or Spieth

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
I pull for Ricky, I believe it will come down to a playoff. Hoffman, Garcia, Fowler. It will be between those three.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Floyd D. Barber,

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I don't really follow any of the guys on top of the leaderboard; it takes me awhile to change as the new generation of pros come up--still clinging to Mickelson. Kind of pulling for Spieth, but he's struggling and it doesn't look (right now) like he will be contending at the end of the day.

Posts: 13231 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Pulling for Sergio so he can get the 'never won a major' comments to subside.

Michael

Posts: 1099 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I don't like Sergio, but he is playing well. My dad said yesterday that Garcia had gotten himself in the perfect spot for a Sunday collapse.

Rose was my pick before the tournament. He could win - just two back.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I don't like Sergio, but he is playing well. My dad said yesterday that Garcia had gotten himself in the perfect spot for a Sunday collapse.

Rose was my pick before the tournament. He could win - just two back.

Your dad might be right. He certainly has done that many times in the past. At least his putting has improved. We'll see.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I miss the azaleas on 13. Was it an unusually cold late winter/early spring in the southeast?

Posts: 13231 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Sergio just got an Eagle on 15 to go 9 under and take the lead.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
hell of a put on 15

and Kuch always manages to do well - an Ace

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Well hell, this is turning into a real rollercoaster.

Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Rose birdies 16 and retakes the lead from Garcia at 10 under- this is gonna be a good finish.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
hell of a put on 15

and Kuch always manages to do well - an Ace

That was cool when he signed ball and gave to the kid. Real class right there.

Jim

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I was yelling don't miss it right(putt on 18) Sergio .... he didn't listen. Frown

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Millions of golfers around the world crying out at once, "Damnit Sergio, I could have made THAT put!"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
I pull for Ricky, I believe it will come down to a playoff. Hoffman, Garcia, Fowler. It will be between those three.

Well, I called part of it.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post