SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A tourniquet can save your life. GRAPHIC, NSFW, lots of blood
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A tourniquet can save your life. GRAPHIC, NSFW, lots of blood Login/Join 
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I keep TQ's, QC/Celox and pressure bandages in bags in both of my vehicles, my range bag, and the backpack that I carry to work when I use public transit. Like has been said, I'll probably never need any of it, but you never know.

Posts: 7260 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Timely reminder as I look at a pile of 20 new CATs. 100% tourniquets can save your life. On any given year, I use 5 and our medical dudes use 10. They are definitely consumables.
Its been covered in this thread, but you can't have enough tourniquets, have them prepped and super easy to access and deploy. Simple rubber bands make great holders on molle and to keep it all nice and neat.

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oregon
posted Hide Post
Thank you, slosig!

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
-Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Posts: 6086 | Location: PDX | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Gustofer, I just got an email from Dark Angel entitled, "Save 86: Confirmed"
It starts off with:

CONFIRMED SAVE #86
Where: Las Vegas, NV
When: April 19, 2018
Injury: Car Wreck - Tibia and Fibula fractures, Leg partially amputated below right knee
Med Kit: The Dark Angel Medical Ankle Kit
I’ve been carrying a med kit as part of my everyday carry for several years now. It’s now second nature to just strap on my ankle kit before I walk out the door and head out into the world. Occasionally, I’ve used my gloves, pressure bandage or my trauma shears to help someone out. Outside of working as an Air Force Medic or an EMT though, I hadn’t had to use my medical kits to save someone. Today, I have joined the customers and students of Dark Angel Medical to record save number 86.

Pressing the "Continue Reading" link takes you to http://darkangelmedical.com/bl...ac&mc_eid=dd19082f4b with more details.

Oregon, you are more than welcome!

Posts: 6909 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Timely reminder as I look at a pile of 20 new CATs.

Is 20 the brake ? where the give you a 25% discount?

I am wondering about a group purchase to lower the cost, here on the forum.

or do group buys even work for lowering the cost,
by the time we mail them for a second time, it might be a wash ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54597 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
North American Rescue has a kit with CAT and hemp static gauze for $49 for National Dtop the Bleed Day here. Deal ends May 1. They have free shipping over $50 so you can add a filler if you’re not buying more than one.

Be safe.

Jim

Posts: 236 | Registered: October 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post