SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Security guard attacked
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Security guard attacked Login/Join 
posted
http://wgntv.com/2017/05/14/at...ard-caught-on-video/

I am glad this was shown on television. The guard was doing her job. I hope she gets help with her medical bills if she needs it.

Posts: 17258 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
"A misdemeanor"? Really? What kinda crap is that? Assault and battery while intoxicated gets the scumbag a slap on the wrist? Way to go Illinois! Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
In my humble opinion, this is much worse than a misdemeanor. If that guard was my wife, daughter, sister, etc., I'd be beyond pissed.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10710 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the thing to do is get slightly drunk and go beat the shit out of him. Misdemeanor, right?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15611 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
That boils my blood. You get a person who is doing more than her job and she gets punched for it.

Only someone wanting to do a job as best as they can would pull out a bucket to clean up someone else's vomit that is outside the building.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19691 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazingly chickenshit thing to do. I wonder how often this dude tunes up the girl who was with him?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16110 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
How did we come to a point where the answer to something that you don't like, is to hit or kill someone?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37992 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The guy turned himself in this afternoon, and according to a report on another station, he is military. Branch, etc. unknown, along with his name. All they say is "He said he's sorry."

Yeah, sure!

A bunch of good people have stepped up to help the security guard, her GoFundMe is at nearly $17,000 already, and my guess is she'll need every bit of it and more. I don't think the condo she was protecting had any insurance on her, and won't even be paying her while she is recuperating.

Sucks all around.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9165 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Fucking maggot! Mad

Q

Posts: 26443 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think this is our problem with our society. That's not a misdemeanor, that should be time in prison. A year or more. Our justice system is too far out of wack. The piece of shit that would do something like that should feel repercussions as he tries to live his life.

Posts: 193 | Registered: May 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
In my humble opinion, this is much worse than a misdemeanor. If that guard was my wife, daughter, sister, etc., I'd be beyond pissed.

Were she close to me, his name would be on the Obit column.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4582 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This says FELONIES.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/ne...-by-intoxicated-man/

Man charged with attacking River North security guard

CHICAGO NEWS 05/17/2017, 12:33am

A man has been charged with attacking a security guard early Sunday outside a River North condo building.

Matthew De Leon, 23, faces one count each of aggravated battery causing great bodily harm, aggravated battery in a public place and aggravated battery of a peace officer, all felonies, according to Chicago Police.

About 2:15 a.m., the security guard, a 46-year-old woman, walked up to the man, who had apparently vomited and was lying on the sidewalk outside the building at Franklin and Ontario, police said.

She asked the man to leave as three other people, apparently friends of the suspect, came out of the building, surveillance video shows.

The man, identified as De Leon, then threw a water bottle at the woman and punched her in the face. The security guard refused medical attention at the scene, authorities said.

The three friends did not try to stop the attack, but instead walked away with the suspect, the video shows.

De Leon, who lives in the Portage Park neighborhood, was arrested Monday at the Wentworth District station, police said. He was scheduled for a Wednesday bond hearing.

Violence responder Dawn Valenti of Chicago Survivors said the man turned himself in Tuesday morning, emphasizing that she “did not condone what he did.”

A GoFundMe page has been set up by Asad Khan, president of the board for the 630 N. Franklin Building, where the security guard, identified as Zoa Stigler, works. He says she “was attacked by a thug as she was doing her job by protecting our building early Sunday morning, which happened to be Mother’s Day. He fractured her right eye socket and also the bridge of her nose.”

He added that, “She was initially trying to help this thug by checking up on him to make sure he was doing all right as he was lying on the ground by the building.”

He said she even continued to do her job after the attack.

“Zoa is so dedicated and hardworking that in spite of being in pain and disoriented, she had the mindset of cleaning up the mess caused by this thug before being taken to the hospital,” Khan wrote.

The page, to help pay medical bills for the woman, had raised over $12,700 toward its goal of $20,000 by Tuesday afternoon.

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A GoFundMe page has been set up by the president of the Condo board where she worked. As a small businessman this upsets me. I pay a lot in workers comp insurance in case my employees get hurt on the job and the fact that this condo association, from what I have read, did not infuriates me.

She was hurt on the job and if they did not have workers comp on her they should be getting an assessment from each unit owner since she should have a cause of action against the condo association.

Posts: 103 | Registered: April 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwl5:
A GoFundMe page has been set up by the president of the Condo board where she worked. As a small businessman this upsets me. I pay a lot in workers comp insurance in case my employees get hurt on the job and the fact that this condo association, from what I have read, did not infuriates me.

She was hurt on the job and if they did not have workers comp on her they should be getting an assessment from each unit owner since she should have a cause of action against the condo association.
Not sure where you are, I think this varies by state.

Here in Florida worker comp is optional for a small business with just a few employees. I thing the magic number is four, but not positive. Any more employees that that, worker comp is mandatory. Fewer employees, worker comp does not have to be provided.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30711 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In North Carolina.

Even if it is not mandatory, for a security guard, I think it would have been prudent for the association (or management company) to obtain workers comp for their employees.

Posts: 103 | Registered: April 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwl5:
I think it would have been prudent for the association (or management company) to obtain workers comp for their employees.
Was the security guard employed by the HOA or its management company?

I think it's way more likely that the guard was employed by a security company, and the HOA's management company contracted for services with the security company. That's the way it's usually done around here.

If I'm correct, the security guard had no employment relationship at all with the HOA or its management company, and worker comp should have been provided by the security company.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30711 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post