SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gas Lawn Mower Shopping Advice
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gas Lawn Mower Shopping Advice Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Decided to go back in there and ask the forum:

How do Husqvarna walk-behind mowers measure up to Honda and Toro?

My current old mower (purchased used, built in 2006) is a Craftsman but an investigation of the serial and model number reveal it was built by Husqvarna actually. It's been a pretty decent mower for me over the past 6 years and I'd consider another Husqvarna.

Didn't know if anyone out there used one? It seems their thing is AWD mowers and not just FWD or RWD.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 08 Cayenne:
I've had both, the Honda mulches better.
Did you have the Recycler or the Super Recycler?

I have a 15 year old Super Recycler and a couple month old Honda HRR216. The Super Recycler is about 5000 times better but that's not hard because the Honda is absolute garbage. A total waste of money. It leaves a mess behind while the Toro leaves a professional cut.

However, to give credit where due, the Honda is much easier to start, especially on cold days.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Now is a good time to find one on Craigslist. Toro has aluminum decks so you don't have to worry about rust.

My free Murray has a few holes in the deck and I have to use Duck Tape to keep from getting blasted in the face by cuttings. Smile

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post