SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ginsburg Forgets 14th Amendment, Audience Has To Give Her Constitution
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ginsburg Forgets 14th Amendment, Audience Has To Give Her Constitution Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
Not The Onion - video at the link.

https://www.dailywire.com/news...s-give-ryan-saavedra

Ginsburg Forgets 14th Amendment, Audience Has To Give Her Constitution

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg forgot the contents of the 14th Amendment while speaking to the National Woman's Party in late August and needed an audience member to give her a copy of the Constitution so she could remember what it said.

The incident happened on August 26, 2018, when Ginsburg was asked to talk about the Equal Rights Amendment while addressing the audience at the Belmont-Paul Women's Equality National Monument.

"So you've written a few articles over the years about the need for the ERA ... and you've of course noted that the ERA would give the Supreme Court a more secure handle in its support for equality," said Jill C. Morrison, Executive Director of the Women's Law and Public Policy Fellowship at Georgetown Law.

"But as you mentioned, as both a litigator and in your time on the court, you've actually built precedent in that area," Morrison continued. "So could you explain why you believe that the ERA is still as needed today as it ever was?"

Ginsburg, 85, began fumbling for her purse — which an aide then brought to her — as she then searched for a copy of the Constitution that she supposedly carries with her.

She couldn't find it.

Then a member of the audience offered up their pocket-sized Constitution for Ginsburg so she could talk about what she claimed was "a problem with the 14th Amendment."

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I encourage you to cut her some slack - there were only 10 amendments when she graduated from law school!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I don't know what her "problem" with the 14th Amendment is, but "my" problem with it is its reputedly giving citizenship to Anchor Babies--children born on US soil to parents who are not citizens.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I always think of Ruth Buzzy when I see RBG....

Posts: 23609 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
There is a storm brewing....... Red sky in the morning.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29736 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Based on video clips I have seen of her this year, she is not long for this world.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16728 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
I encourage you to cut her some slack - there were only 10 amendments when she graduated from law school!

Now that's funny!

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2411 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
She didn't know the 14th...because when she was in law school, they accidentally dropped and broke it.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Poor RBG. Just a slight malfunction. She'll be back.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
You guys are cold! Funny, but cold! Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3770 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
No surprise to me. That commie probably wipes her rear end with the Constitution.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3982 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
From the SCOTUS thread...

[/QUOTE]

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10965 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
You guys are cold! Funny, but cold! Big Grin

Ruth's laughing too.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Steven Hawkings is in better shape.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34151 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Somebody on another board mentioned the Republicans holding or gaining seats in November, RBG croaking or retiring and Trump getting to nominate another SCJ.

Oh, please...Oh, please...Oh, please. That would be SO glorious. The streets would be ankle deep in exploding liberal heads...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15279 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I thought the Kavanaugh confirmation process was an intergalactic freakshow, but if Trump gets to replace RBG it'll look like the Demonrats received their script from The Onion.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23337 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Somebody on another board mentioned the Republicans holding or gaining seats in November, RBG croaking or retiring and Trump getting to nominate another SCJ.

Oh, please...Oh, please...Oh, please. That would be SO glorious. The streets would be ankle deep in exploding liberal heads...

I actually think this is likely.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16728 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I do, too.

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
The plan Notorious counted on was a President Hillary to replace her, and that was interrupted by President DJT!!
So now she either retires or dies in the saddle, and as much of a Clinton partisan as RBG is she is going to choose the latter.
Remember that Souter screwed us by siding with the Dems after Bush 41 nominated him, and then to pay us back he quit as soon as Hussein was in office, the dick!!
We need RBG’s seat just to get back to 1990 or so.

HK Ag

Posts: 3509 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If RBG takes her final nap in the next couple of weeks, the liberals will literally explode following their Kavanagh fit. Can’t wait!

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post