SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Train and selfie.. what could go wrong?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Train and selfie.. what could go wrong? Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Well at least he got his selfie, which is really what matters.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Something similar damned near happened to me. I was in a Montreal underground station – very nice with a large & beautiful tile mosaic over the tunnel entrance. Standing at the edge of the platform, I leaned out to get a photo of the mosaic.

Those electric trains run on rubber tires on concrete rails – they’re VERY quiet! One was approaching rapidly from behind me, and I didn’t hear it. If a man hadn’t pulled me back I would’ve been hit.

I did get the photo though, and it also shows a guy looking at me in alarm.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8936 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The railroad version of the Lackin Challenge.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16071 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let us hope that the contusion reapportioned his cerebellum. And the right hemisphere. And the left hemisp...

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Ya can't fool me... I saw that racist train swerve to hit him!

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Both of those videos were funny.

The first one was funnier on slow motion. I wish the shutter rate speed was faster though so that his face was more discernable as the train hit him.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I've seen enough people killed by trains due to bad weather/low visibility or others bad decisions (hit from behind and forced into the train). This is a level of stupidity that I can't get my head wrapped around.

My only response in each of the cases noted here is they had it coming.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PossibleZombie:
More importantly, what phone was he using? It clearly took a beating and kept working.

I guess he won"t be attending the SOTU on Tuesday evening? Big Grin

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
He yet lives!

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The angled nose of that train likely saved that idiot's life.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5589 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Healthy fear and respect for trains, myself. My old man was a border patrolman working the train yards in El Paso for a while in the 70's. There was one time these fellas went running under a slow-moving train that was going about a mile or two an hour, thinking they were fast and spry so they would be fine and the migra wouldn't follow. One of them misjudged something in the course of the crossing, got caught, and that was that.

The train don't give a shit, it keeps on moving.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
I so want to see the "after" photos.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post