SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amazon Prime Missing Two-Day Delivery Promise: Is It Just Me?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Prime Missing Two-Day Delivery Promise: Is It Just Me? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Out of about 100 orders (I order from there about three times per week), I'd say they have missed 10. So 1 in 10 for me.

Each time it happened, I sent an e-mail. Each time my Prime membership was extended by a month to make up for it; no questions asked.

I like their customer service.

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I have been using Amazon Prime quite a bit over the last 6 months, for everything from underwear to reloading goodies and except for maybe twice out of two dozen orders...everything arrived in the two day time frame. The couple that were late were here in three days. However, I do live within 30 minutes of two Amazon mega distribution centers.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
I've noticed over the past few months that when I order something with Prime two day shipping the ship date increases to three days once the item hits the cart. Now, I'm out in the country but only 18 miles from a distribution center. Think I'll be making contact with them the very next time this happens as have many who posted before me. Good info....thanks.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I just found this:
quote:
Jeff Bezos may run Amazon and he may be a billionaire, but he is very accessible to his customers with an easy-to-find email address, jeff@amazon.com. And when his customers aren't pleased, Bezos isn't either.

Businessweek's Brad Stone has written a lengthy cover story on Amazon that opens with a bit about Bezos' email style and shows how important customer service is to him.

When a customer sends Bezos an email complaining about something Amazon-related, Bezos forwards the message to the appropriate person at the company. The only addition Bezos makes to the email is one character:

"?"

The recipient then scrambles to solve the issue and must get his or her reply approved by multiple people before responding to Bezos.

Stone writes:

"When Amazon employees get a Bezos question mark e-mail, they react as though they’ve discovered a ticking bomb. They’ve typically got a few hours to solve whatever issue the CEO has flagged and prepare a thorough explanation for how it occurred, a response that will be reviewed by a succession of managers before the answer is presented to Bezos himself. Such escalations, as these e-mails are known, are Bezos’s way of ensuring that the customer’s voice is constantly heard inside the company."
Link

My brother worked at AWS up until a couple months ago. Everything I’ve heard that this is correct. He does not accept excuses. He expects things to happen as promised.

Why’d my brother leave? He was offered a position with a bigger company. Has nothing bad to say about anything regarding AWS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
No issues here from a regular user.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I placed an order today. The item showed two-day Prime delivery when I put it in my cart, but as soon as I clicked on "Place Order," the expected delivery date changed, from two days to three days. Not the first time that this has happened.

I got right on the chat facility. "Karan" gave me a lot of double-talk. I replied, "let's keep this simple. Either you get it delivered in two days, or cancel that order, as well as other orders that are in process, and refund the $100 Prime membership renewal that I just paid."

Karan started to give me all the reasons that it couldn't be done, I asked that it be escalated to a manager, NOW! Karan's response was that my shipping had been "upgraded" to one-day delivery and I would receive the order the day after tomorrow. That's two days, the way my calendar works.
Yea but did you find out what she was wearing?
Nope. It's probably a safe bet that "Karen" would be a "she," but I have no idea whether "Karan" is a he, a she, or self-identified as a bowling pin. To tell the truth, I wasn't really interested. I was just pissed off that, once again, Prime's "two day" delivery changed to three day delivery as soon as I clicked on "Place Order." And no, it was nowhere near the cut-off time for the day. I was just getting tired of dealing with that shit.

Of course I was having a bad day anyway, two separate insurance companies are screwing around with me and under-paying: American Integrity for homeowner, re hurricane Irma damage, and Progressive re the recent vandalism / theft on my business truck. I have already fired American Integrity; they were up for renewal this past week. Fuckem. Truck insurance is up for renewal day after tomorrow, I'm gonna fire them, too. I would say fuckem, but nope, not Flo, I ain't going there.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Maybe Amazon could take lessons from Top Gun Supply? Heck, I ordered some ammo from SGAmmo Saturday afternoon. There was a ‘notice’ that all orders made Sat. wouldn’t be filled until Monday, which per the email I got was true. I got the ammo via UPS about 2:30 Tues afternoon.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
Every time they miss the two day delivery for me, I go online and chat with a customer support rep, and they almost always give me something for my trouble. Something like free one day shipping on my next item, or a $10 credit etc.

How do you access Amazon online chat?

I've placed about 30 Prime orders, and all but one came in two days. That one was three days, maybe because of a holiday. I'm in San Diego.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
Only when they use USPS.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
lessons from Top Gun Supply?

It's at the door when you hit send.

I refuse to pay a large fee just to get decent service.I have found the items on amazon cheaper at other sites and even locally.

Case in point...

Dillon Precision 20095 Super Primer Pocket Swage 600 Military Brass Swager Blue
4.7 out of 5 stars 42 customer reviews | 11 answered questions
Price: $134.99 & FREE Shipping. Detail

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cant say regarding Prime, but I have paid for 2 day express, regular Amazon, shipping and realized the fine print was 2 days once the order was filled, not from the date of order.

Maybe Prime is different

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
We have Prime but my wife often checks the option that it's not time sensitive and gets all sorts of freebies and/or credits for doing so. We usually get what she orders in 2-4 days anyway.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

The few times I have had problems, I call their customer service number (888-280-4331), not an easy number to find, certainly not on their web site. And I have always come away more than satisfied, often with some free stuff or $$.

As to the two day Prime delivery, we are fortunate, even being sort of in the boonies. Ever since Amazon started building fulfillment centers in the Phoenix area (10 or more years ago), we get two day 98% of the time, if it is fulfilled from there. Initially they used UPS, now they use USPS. If it has to come from KY, it still usually makes it via 2nd day Air. Occasional issues are with 3rd party vendors, though even most of those make the two day, if they offer it (many don't). Other occasional issues are with an incorrect or misleading ad page at Amazon, which customer service corrects to my benefit every time.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have been told that two days starts from when the item is shipped, and that a few items are not shipped the same day. I usually stamp my feet a little (if it isn't ten minutes before midnight) and they give me a little discount or upgraded shipping.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I've seen it a couple of times, generally with a vendor that isn't Amazon but the items marked Prime ie free shipping.

Seems it's two day if from Amazon fulfillment and free (no guarantee) if not from an Amazon Center.

We have an Amazon center here and I've gotten same day delivery on a few items...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

The few times I have had problems, I call their customer service number (888-280-4331), not an easy number to find, certainly not on their web site. And I have always come away more than satisfied, often with some free stuff or $$.
<snip>

Thanks for the CS number. Also, I googled "amazon online chat", and found a link that looks as though it might work.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
To me, Prime has been averaging positive. Sometimes (not frequently) they are extend beyond the 2 day period. But other times, they exceed by having the item delivered in 1 day (no charge) or on Sundays.

Net: I think they average well in my case.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Have had a couple of late 'two-days', over the years, but none recently.

Have also had some come faster. Generally that's a pleasant surprise but sometimes it messes up planning (if you wanted to be sure you're home when it came, e.g.)

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post