SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amazon Prime Missing Two-Day Delivery Promise: Is It Just Me?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Prime Missing Two-Day Delivery Promise: Is It Just Me? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
Twice w/in the last couple weeks Amazon has missed its promised two-day delivery promise on Amazon Prime orders. Time before this current one it looked darn close, with their mystery intermediate bargain partner/shipper/what-have-you just getting it to the PO in time to get it here on time.

Is it just me, or are others seeing this, too?

(I would have put this in What's Your Deal!" except it's more a question than a complaint.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
It's always about three days to get things out here in the woods.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6484 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Had the same issue a few months ago but lately, they have been better.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Every time they miss the two day delivery for me, I go online and chat with a customer support rep, and they almost always give me something for my trouble. Something like free one day shipping on my next item, or a $10 credit etc.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me too. Lately more often than not I am seeing 4 day delivery times. I ordered a pair of jeans two days ago and just saw that my estimated arrival date is 6 days away! I always call Amazon to question it and they typically apologize and offer a discount. Annoying for sure.
I've also noticed that when I call, lately Ive been put in touch with reps who are working from home. My last one had barking dogs in the background. Also annoying

Posts: 1150 | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I placed an order today. The item showed two-day Prime delivery when I put it in my cart, but as soon as I clicked on "Place Order," the expected delivery date changed, from two days to three days. Not the first time that this has happened.

I got right on the chat facility. "Karan" gave me a lot of double-talk. I replied, "let's keep this simple. Either you get it delivered in two days, or cancel that order, as well as other orders that are in process, and refund the $100 Prime membership renewal that I just paid."

Karan started to give me all the reasons that it couldn't be done, I asked that it be escalated to a manager, NOW! Karan's response was that my shipping had been "upgraded" to one-day delivery and I would receive the order the day after tomorrow. That's two days, the way my calendar works.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I haven't been having any issues. One recent order on a Sunday night said it would be delivered Tuesday. I was surprised by that. But it ended up coming on Wednesday. I don't know if their prime guarantee includes Sunday or not. But I've also had things delivered on Sunday to meet 2 days and I don't expect that. I have no complaints.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12423 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I just found this:
quote:
Jeff Bezos may run Amazon and he may be a billionaire, but he is very accessible to his customers with an easy-to-find email address, jeff@amazon.com. And when his customers aren't pleased, Bezos isn't either.

Businessweek's Brad Stone has written a lengthy cover story on Amazon that opens with a bit about Bezos' email style and shows how important customer service is to him.

When a customer sends Bezos an email complaining about something Amazon-related, Bezos forwards the message to the appropriate person at the company. The only addition Bezos makes to the email is one character:

"?"

The recipient then scrambles to solve the issue and must get his or her reply approved by multiple people before responding to Bezos.

Stone writes:

"When Amazon employees get a Bezos question mark e-mail, they react as though they’ve discovered a ticking bomb. They’ve typically got a few hours to solve whatever issue the CEO has flagged and prepare a thorough explanation for how it occurred, a response that will be reviewed by a succession of managers before the answer is presented to Bezos himself. Such escalations, as these e-mails are known, are Bezos’s way of ensuring that the customer’s voice is constantly heard inside the company."
Link

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Ordered 3 Prime items today. Two I'm promised Thursday. Third not until Friday unless I pay $11.69 to get it Thursday. It weighs less than a pound.

I thought I'd already paid for two day delivery when I bought Prime.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I've noticed that the order has to be placed before around 1400, otherwise the 2-day clock doesn't start ticking until the next day.

I've had a couple of items later than expected lately, but its not been bad enough to complain (unless I pay extra for next day and its late). In the past two weeks though, I've had two packages delivered with the wrong contents and had to send them back and then wait for the correct items to come.

Posts: 20082 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Pretty good here. I've only had one (that I remember) ever not come as promised.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I got two wrenches for free because a week passed without delivery. First one ‘lost in transit’ and second one shipped overnight. First one refunded, second one free. Both arrived on the same day.

They’ve been off the mark a few times this year. Nothing was time critical though.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
3 to 5 days. Haven't seen 2 days in a while.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Only about half of the 48 lower states have an Amazon fulfillment center at all, but Michigan does have one.

They never miss 2 days here, and I have gotten 2 day Prime shipping in one day a time or two.

My state has 6 Fulfilment Centers, with 4 of those within 50 miles of my house! There are also a bunch nearby in KY. We also have the huge Fedex hub in TN, and are only 3 or 4hr from the monster UPS hub in Atlanta.

Of course it helps to mostly order stuff fulfilled by Amazon directly.

locations.
https://trustfile.avalara.com/...warehouse-locations/

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Usually it is about 50/50 two to three days for me. I don't worry about it much since it better than driving around the busy roads around here only to be told we don't have that or I can order it. Working on cars motorcycles and trailers lately seems like parts stores don't stock much of anything these days.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
They have missed a couple for me but I have always contacted them and they made up for it.

I order so much from Amazon we forget how spoiled we are with their shipping times.

I ordered a camera from another site on October 1st it is still not here supposedly hit Chicago today.

I ordered some boots on the 1st of July and they still aren't here but they are also hand made in Europe.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25410 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I've had the same as V-Tail, where it said Two Day Prime free delivery until I placed the order, then it changed. It also did a very annoying thing where you place a two-day free delivery order early on Wednesday morning and it kicks the delivery to Monday.

Twice in the last month and a half I've ordered something (third-party delivery) and never got it after weeks. In the orders page it said "shipped", but when I would click on tracking nothing would happen. Amazon wanted me to call the company supplying (which I did) and they stammered around but could not give me a tracking number which tells me it was never shipped. In both cases I called Amazon back and they were apologetic but little else.
(No soup for me).

I cancelled both of those orders. It appears nothing in the Amazon system keeps up with the third party completion of the order.

I will give them credit on one delivery. I had a two-day Prime delivery on something large I needed and it said it would arrive Friday. The delivery time kept changing and finally it said it would be before 8pm. It was delivered at 7:55pm which was pretty surprising.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I use Amazon Prime a bunch. Probably 1-2 times per week. I can’t remember a time when an item did not reach me in the stated 2 day period. It seems to be rock solid in NW Montana.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I placed an order today. The item showed two-day Prime delivery when I put it in my cart, but as soon as I clicked on "Place Order," the expected delivery date changed, from two days to three days. Not the first time that this has happened.

I got right on the chat facility. "Karan" gave me a lot of double-talk. I replied, "let's keep this simple. Either you get it delivered in two days, or cancel that order, as well as other orders that are in process, and refund the $100 Prime membership renewal that I just paid."

Karan started to give me all the reasons that it couldn't be done, I asked that it be escalated to a manager, NOW! Karan's response was that my shipping had been "upgraded" to one-day delivery and I would receive the order the day after tomorrow. That's two days, the way my calendar works.

Yea but did you find out what she was wearing?

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
The only time they miss two days for us is when a later delivery is communicated on the product page.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post