SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Well Now I Did It - a New Guitar
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well Now I Did It - a New Guitar Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
just pulled the trigger on a new guitar a 68 Les Paul in wine red body color and all gold hardware...

custom shop delivery time is 12 months..

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Wooooohoo!

I'm excited for you! That's going to be mighty, mighty sweet!

What pickups are you getting?

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
Why the 68 in particular?

Red and gold should look pretty sharp.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the neck and bridge pickups are both 68 custom humbuckers

I'm also getting a custom plate made for the engraved toggle switch

the top position will say More Paul and the bottom will say Les Paul

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
Just for fun, here is Les Paul with Paul and Paul's Les Paul.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:

I'm also getting a custom plate made for the engraved toggle switch

the top position will say More Paul and the bottom will say Les Paul

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I love your toggle plate engraving choices. Big Grin

Be sure and post some pics when you get it so we can all be jealous... I mean, congratulate you. Wink

Nothing else smells like a brand new Gibson, savor that moment when you open the case for the first time! Oh, and wine red with gold hardware is possibly my favorite look for a guitar. Transparent finish? Burst?

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
just pulled the trigger on a new guitar a 68 Les Paul in wine red body color and all gold hardware...

custom shop delivery time is 12 months..
that's my favorite color scheme.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
It’s the darkest red they make. Solid color. No burst.

SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Definitely need pics when that baby my gets delivered!! Sweet!!

Posts: 3112 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
It sounds very similar....same to the one I have that I hardly pick up. I was even thinking of selling it, but now your buying that is giving me second thoughts.

Enjoy it, Greg!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Nice! The translucent red? Regular top or the figured maple?

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
This dark?

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ew-cTJlHzA

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
It sounds very, very nice!

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Can’t wait for the pics!! Congratulations!!!!!!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
it is going to look like this but in deep wine red

https://www.sweetwater.com/sto...custom-reissue-ebony

delivery as of yesterday is 12 months and after talking with the rep, I don't expect it to get shortened by very much

PRS is now 24 months out on custom shop work

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the LP, a great playing guitar at that. I purchased a 69' Sunburst LP Custom with the gold hardware and grover machine heads like the one Paten posted above.

The humbuckers were classic for that year and sounded great and would sustain what seemed like forever. Gibson crafted a wonderful guitar back in those early periods. My neighbor Jack begged his parents for one after I loaned him mine for a few months, his parents purchased him the mahogany/gold like yours, he probably still has it today knowing Jack. Good luck and enjoy yours!

Oh, and I remembered it was the first guitar and amp combo I actually purchased and financed. The 69' Les Paul and an Acoustic 155 head with a 105 bottom. The LP cost $700 new back then and $450 for the amp. Have fun with yours.Please posts some photos also.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It will be a great guit for you. Love your toggle switch choice.

Post pictures when you get it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Oh, in 69' I had also purchased a Les Paul Deluxe that came with the mini-style humbuckers for those old guys like me remember. If I remember they offered the Les Paul Customs, the Deluxe, the Standard, and a few years later the Les Paul Recording guitar which you didn't see all too often.

I wish I had the sense to take photo's of those guitars and rigs. Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Please forgive the "guitar nut" in me nhtagmember. I just remembered too a great Gibson LP not forgotten, the Black Beauty. One that was first played by Jimmy Page at his Royal Albert Hall concert in 1970. He mentioned it was one of the best LP's he's ever played. And most recently updated and produced as the Peter Frampton model LP.

I hope you enjoy the LP as much as I did. I joined the Les Paul forum many years back for a lot of great friends and knowledge. One of those members purchased my last LP with the vintage paf's, that was a very special LP. I'll look forward to your photos and your opinion on your new purchase.

The Peter Frampton Black Beauty model..

Regards, Will G.