SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Quote of the Week
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quote of the Week Login/Join 
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted
We all love the stories of inspiration, the shared knowledge, the advice, the generosity, and stories we all spin on Sigforum.

No one can replace the posts of the late Jim Allen (Jallen), but as a tribute, I plan to post a quote of the week every Monday morning.

Here is a sneek peek and I hope you enjoy them as much as I. Note I have sent one such quote every Monday AM to my daughter who is away at college. My hope is she actually reads and hopefully applies the thoughts/concepts in her current and future life to come.

*The four cornerstones of character on which the structure of this nation was built are: Initiative, Imagination, Individuality and Independence. - Captain Eddie Rickenbacker

Posts: 3714 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Excellent idea and a fitting memorial to JALLEN, who collected quotes. I for one will be looking forward to them.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Thank you for doing this in remembrance of our JALLEN.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20317 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'll look forward to this weekly. A perfect way to remember such an irreplaceable member. Great idea.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post