SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    P228 *KARMA* for military folks (past and present) >>>WINNER = GrumpyBiker<<<
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P228 *KARMA* for military folks (past and present) >>>WINNER = GrumpyBiker<<< Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
If you have served or are serving, or if you have family member(s) who did/do the same, you are eligible. Thank you all for your service and sacrifices.

Winner will be picked on Memorial Day. Good luck.

Any pics and/or stories you care to share would be appreciated, and I'm sure members would enjoy them, too.

The gun: W. German P228, KE (1994) date code, triple serial numbered. It will come with the manual, but no test target, and 2x "high cap" mags, in the large gray plastic SIGARMS case.

5/19 - Took new pics of exactly what you will receive.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
In for the proverbial #1 unlucky chance. Thanks for the chance.

Edited to add: USMC 1975-1979

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Warhorse,

Posts: 13676 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the opportunity. USAF '88-92.

Something interesting about my time in North Dakota.... Well, this one time we went to Minnesota for fun... no wait, that was every time!

Ridiculously hot summers and ridiculously cold winters.

The flightline was always -39f until wheels up, the it was suddenly -45f and they'd shut down the flightline....

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Much appreciate the opportunity.

US Army 19D from 1987-1991. Here I am on the border of West/East Germany during my stint with 2/11 ACR. This pic would be late summer 1987, I'm in the middle.

11 ACR Border

Both my parents served in the USAF, oldest brother was an army ranger, middle brother USAF SecForces. So many relatives have served as well.

Posts: 1752 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
In please. USAF 1977-1981! Many thanks for an awesome KARMA. Your generosity is amazing. My thanks to all that served or are serving currently.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10907 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
USN Vietnam era

Add me in for a chance at that fine pistol.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hit the button Max
Picture of Twosigs
posted Hide Post
US Army Armor Corp.1986-1994
Please include me.

“Sometimes paranoia's just having all the facts.” -
William S. Burroughs

Posts: 881 | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Please add my name (USMC 1986-1994). Thank you for the opportunity.

Here’s a true story from my time flying Harriers:

Ever wonder how pilots get their callsigns? Sure, sometimes it’s a play on their last name, like the callsign “Fig” or “Issac” for someone with the last name of Newton. But usually it’s because they’ve done something memorable or stupid enough to warrant it. Here’s how a nugget (new) pilot in our squadron got his.

Our squadron was deployed somewhere (can’t remember where) and a group of us were having drinks at a bar. Everyone’s feeling pretty good and discussing where we’ll go next when someone suggests going to a strip club. “It’s great!” said the pilot making the recommendation. “And what’s better, everyone is totally naked!”

The nugget pilot gets this confused look on his face like he’s trying to figure out some calculus problem. Finally after 30 seconds or so he pipes up loudly and says, “Wait a minute! WHO’S naked? I’m not getting naked!!!”

His callsign given on the spot? “Turnip” (As in just fell off the turnip truck) Big Grin

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6721 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very awsome Karma. Please count me in. I had the honor of serving in the Marine Corps from 1986-1990.

Thanks.

Posts: 2223 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
WOW! Thanks for the chance.

Dad served in the US Coast Guard 1944-1945 as a LORAN operator and Morse Code trainer at or near Montauk Point Long Island. He and his buddies would pull the hinge pins from the ammo locker when the base leadership would go to NYC on the weekends, and they would machine gun sand crabs running along the surf line with Thompsons down on the beach. A new Petty Officer was assigned, and he decided that Reveille would be done live, with a proper bugle. Dad stole the bugle. Then he transitioned to using an emergency whistle. Dad stole the whistle. We still have both. Dad was a bit of a problem child, but still proudly wears a Coast Guard had to this day at 91 years old.

My uncle was also Coast Guard in the late '40s. He served on the buoytender USCGC Jonquil (WAGL/WLB-330). My uncle was always heavy, and tended to distinctly fat in later years. But he suffered from seasickness, and my grandmother said he was always thin when he came back from the Jonqil.

I was a JAG officer for the 3ID in Germany in the early '90s. My most memorable case was a guy who beat his girlfriend with a 12" rubber dong because he had just come back from a field problem and wanted to sleep and she wanted to play. She was playing loudly and bothering his sleep, so he used the nearest available tool to shut her up. I really laughed when my cops had to bag it, tag it and keep it in their evidence locker.

Good times.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12765 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Former Navy here supply and Law enforcement.
thanks for the chance.

James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the chance at a wonderful Karma.

USN '79-'85

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Six years in the MO Army National Guard. Artillery Observer (13F). Made it to E-5.

I also was a member of the State Guard precision pistol team (Bullseye).

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Awesome Karma.

1968-1975 US Navy USS Truxton DLGN-35

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4221 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
Put me in please. USAF 1984-2005.

I was at the Sq duty desk and my Commander and OpsO (2d in charge) were there. In walks the OSS Commander (he outranks them both - and he was a previous Commander of mine), sees me and says "Rick you FUCKER!". The look on my CC/OpsO's faces were priceless. Turns out I was behind him in traffic and he waved but I didn't wave back.

Thanks for the chance!

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1365 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Please add me to this great karma.

US Army,'61-'67.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2081 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Please add me to the list. USAF from '67 to '71. Spent '69 in Southeast Asia.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Very nice karma! US Army Medical Services Corps, '83-'88. Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, at the Forest Glen (DC suburb) campus.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3295 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aller Anfang ist schwer
Picture of Tavman
posted Hide Post
Please add me. USN 1993-2000
USS Valley Forge CG-50
NSGA Northwest

Posts: 1700 | Location: Fayetteville, AR | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I'm a slacker but had a father in the 32nd Division/126th in the Pacific in '44 through the end of the war and Grandfather in both WW 1 & 2.
My father had it by far the worst. Grew up in the depression and as it was ending, went of to unimaginable living conditions and brutal combat in New Guinea and the Philippines. Got out in January '46, few months before his 21st birthday.
Grandfather was in N. Africa in field artillery then counter intelligence as he spoke his family's native German. Received Legion of Merit.
Hard to listen with a straight face to the youth of today that need a service dog to go off to college.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 220-9er,

Posts: 9491 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post