SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    P228 *KARMA* for military folks (past and present) >>>WINNER = GrumpyBiker<<<
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P228 *KARMA* for military folks (past and present) >>>WINNER = GrumpyBiker<<< Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
What a generous karma Q. Don't include me. Thanks for everything you do on the best forum there is. God bless our troops, past and present.

Posts: 1563 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I did not serve, but my father served in the Army and my grandfather served in the Army in World War II. He was wounded twice (machine gun round the first time and shrapnel the second time) and received a Purple Heart and a Bronze Oak Leaf Cluster. Sadly, he died when I was very young. If I win the karma, I would give the gun to my dad.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rushfan65
posted Hide Post
Please add me, US Army, both active and reserve. 1983-1992.

Posts: 379 | Location: Margate, FL | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the chance at a great pistol.
Alabama Army National Guard
March 1989 to March 1999
31C2S in Sig Det 1/20th SFG(A)

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
Please add me! USAF 1994-Present (retiring Nov 2019)

Also, my FIL, USN, 1967-1997; my wife, USAF, 1993-1997

I've had a career unlike others; spent a lot of time deployed with Army, Marines, and a float on the USS Blue Ridge (LCC-19). Deployed to Bosnia(x2), Iraq(x2), Afghanistan(x2)...advised the Afghan Air Force...including the current Afghan Air Force Commander, General Shaoib.

I'm now a Chief of Staff at a Fighter base.

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
Please count me in!! USCG 1994-2004

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
Your pistol karmas are amazing and unbelievably generous. I'd love the chance to get this beauty.

Both of my grandfathers were military, as was my oldest Uncle. Mom's Dad was senior enlisted in the Army Air Corps, and switched over and got commissioned when the Air Force was created. He retired as a Captain before I was born.
Dad's Dad was a Chief Machinist's Mate in the Coast Guard. After I joined the Navy, he would always ask me every time I saw him, when was I going to make Chief. Sadly, I did not pin on my anchors until after his passing.

USN 1988-2012.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the opportunity to be included in this karma.

Being a U.S. Marine was the best time of my life.

Nothing like getting married on dress blues while rocking a sword!

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Underdog:
Thank you for the opportunity to be included in this karma.

Being a U.S. Marine was the best time of my life.

Nothing like getting married in dress blues while rocking a sword!

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Include me please.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
My father served in the US Navy aboard the USS New Jersey in the late 1950’s.

My uncle Jake served in Europe during WWII.

My Uncle Henry was aboard a mine sweeper during the bombing of Pearl Harbor.

Thank you for your generous Karma.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aguilar64
posted Hide Post
Served US Army, 1982-1988

Please count me in.

“When the law disarms good guys, bad guys rejoice.”
― Ted Nugent

Posts: 2192 | Location: North East | Registered: November 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
U.S. Army 1981 - 1985. Thanks for the chance.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
23 years (82 - 05) and retired from the Navy. Was on USS Ranger (VF-2) during Desert Storm and USS Tarawa when the USS Cole was attacked.

Be an honor to toss my name in the hat for this one.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please enter me for this most generous karma.
USMC Fleet Marine Force 71-75.
(FMF stands for "Fun, Music & Fantasy" for those of you that don't know.) My feet still hurt.

Posts: 358 | Registered: March 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I didn't feel right about entering all month, but since I have no chance of winning anyway. Big Grin

Father drafted for Korean, uncle enlisted VN.

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Thank you again for your generosity and the chance- please include me.

Dad - USN Gator Navy - Korean Conflict
Brother- USN Submarines - SSBNs

Me - USN Submarines - conventional fast attack 75-79

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spent 2 months in the Air Force (bad knee).
My daughter spent 20 years in the Air Force. One of her favorite stories as cargo master, was dropping the Army Golden Knights out of her plane over Atlanta International Raceway. The crew got pit passes and meet a number of Nascar drivers and their crews.
Thank you for the chance at this very generous karma.

Posts: 1190 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of submoa
posted Hide Post
Once again, another extremely generous karma 12131, please include me...I/we qualify:

Me: USN MM/SS/DV Submarines/Diver '69-'73
Dad: USA Sgt. Infantry '40-'45 WWII PTO/5 Campaigns
Gramps: USA Sgt. Cavalry '15 - '18 Punitive Expedition & WWI France
Gramps 2 (Mom's Dad): Cpl. Infantry Royal Field Artillery, British Army - WIA France

And...sort of like Lt. Dan, but with happier endings:
Civil War: GGGramps + both brothers + 7 brothers-in-law (CSA)
American Revolution: GGma side 2 "Green Mountain Boys" including Gnl Gideon Brownson + VT/CT Line
French & Indian War: GGma side CT/VT Militia
Pequot (Indian) War: GGma side CT Militia

Pls excuse the cut/paste/correction frm 11/18

Pic failed Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: submoa,

Posts: 1273 | Location: South Florida, A Third World Country with Modern Conveniences | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
** WINNER = GrumpyBiker ** Congratulations!
Thank you, to all who served and are serving.

quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
Thank you for the chance at a great pistol.

Korea 1989

Gulf 1991 (Right Side)

Norwegian Sea 1992 (Right end)

As for an interesting story...
I spent some pre-trial confinement time here with my best friend and later the Best Man at my wedding who is currently a Lt.Col that commands 2nd Raider BN. MARSOC .
(He’s on the left end in the pic on ship)
Funny how well things just seem to work out for us !

Proud of my friend beyond words. If chosen I’ll be sending this pistol him.

quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I just want to acknowledge and appreciate your karma for veterans such as myself. When I finally move to a free state, I will join your karmas for guns such as this.

Thank you kindly.

The offer for those who escape commielands to free states still stand. Wink

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post