SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Soy Cream – ugh!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Soy Cream – ugh! Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
I like cream in my coffee – heavy whipping cream. On a whim, I bought some Silk Soy Cream to try. It was horrible! Had to use five times as much to get a modicum of “lightening” effect, and the taste was bad. Like it had sugar in it, among other bad tastes. I poured it down the drain. I pity folks that have to use this stuff for health reasons. Poor souls!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8952 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
It's an acquired taste, if at all. I usually use soy or other non-dairy substitute as I am lactose-intolerant. It did take a few soy lattes to accustom to the taste and even like it.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16351 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never use soy, it isn’t even very healthy. There are lots of almond and coconut milk creamers to try.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I just use about a tablespoon of 2% milk in my coffee, and no sweetener.
I really don't like cream or half & half - it's way too heavy for me, and I don't like the taste it gives the coffee.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
soy is yummy, however, almond is way better. I feel for you kkina.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
I never use soy, it isn’t even very healthy. There are lots of almond and coconut milk creamers to try.

I never touch the stuff either.

And it certainly didn't help my perception of that crap when I read that it gives you man boobs.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
I just use about a tablespoon of 2% milk in my coffee, and no sweetener.
I really don't like cream or half & half - it's way too heavy for me, and I don't like the taste it gives the coffee.

I occasionally do put milk and sugar in my coffee (on the ship though I only drink coffee black), and when I do, it's whole milk only. The only thing I put heavy cream in is a white russian.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post