SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    HS teacher equates swastika to MAGA
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HS teacher equates swastika to MAGA Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm sure she took the same hard line on Obama "Yes We Can" shirts...right...right? Big Grin

Posts: 33749 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I have quite the reputation with Georgia school systems.

They will know EXACTLY who I am when I step up for public comments.

And the understatement of the year award goes to...

Remind me exactly how many of them ended up in prison the last time they ruffled your feathers?

LMAO!

Good memory Big Grin. I nearly forgot that tale.

Mars will have to keep us posted, I'll bet a few of the school admin idiots will shit their pants when he takes the podium.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16658 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This may have been a good learning experience for any students who didn't already know that some teachers can unfortunately be manipulative, or even small-minded and stupid.

I learned that in the fourth grade.

Posts: 1349 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I'm sure she took the same hard line on Obama "Yes We Can" shirts...right...right? Big Grin

Good point on the likely hypocrisy of today's liberals and educators.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://patch.com/georgia/wood...political-statements

In a message distributed Tuesday to all system employees, Superintendent Brian Hightower reminded those who make up Cherokee County's largest employer what their responsibilities are with regard to political activity. Hightower said activities employees are not allowed to take part in include, but aren't limited to, sharing their personal political opinions with students during performance of their job duties and responsibilities.

Following the educator's remarks, River Ridge Principal Darrell Herring met with the students and their families to apologize for the incident. In a statement released by the district, the superintendent also said he was "deeply sorry" that the incident took place in a CCSD facility, as it does not reflect his "expectation that all students be treated equally and respectfully by our employees."

Michael Williams, the Republican candidate for governor, called on the "anti-Trump teacher" to be fired from her job.

School district spokesperson Barbara Jacoby said the teacher has been an employee with CCSD for five years, all of which have been served at River Ridge.

"We agree that the teacher’s actions were wrong," she added. "Per state law, school systems can’t talk about employee disciplinary action. Should she resign or be recommended by the superintendent for termination, it will be on the school board meeting agenda, which is published a week in advance of the meeting."

The next school board meeting is scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 14.

Posts: 19558 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The super nipped it in the bud.

Now to rub salt in the wound and demand she be terminated at the end of her contract.

I'm willing to bet she has a termination clause in her contract. We all did. We have no union here and they can terminate your contract in mid season, but you get paid for full, however if you violate the terms, they can just terminate with zero repercussions.

I will GLADLY remind them of that.

Even a single communist getting in the system will corrupt the whole lot, especially when she starts advancing into leadership.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34104 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
I'm glad the school district is taking this seriously. The woman should not have a job as an educator.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
But if there are any unfortunate consequences to the teacher, such will merely be another example of the evil empire, it will be Trump's fault. Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Even a single communist getting in the system will corrupt the whole lot, especially when she starts advancing into leadership.
That sounds like something Joe McCarthy would say.

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
If she is terminated, I am sure that she will easily find another teaching job on the left coast.

Posts: 9025 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

McCarthy has been horribly misjudged by history.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I speak from experience. These folks are evil.

They do whatever it takes to get into leadership positions, then start hiring and advancing like minded.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34104 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
She has herself quite confused - she is what she is equating. People like this have no business being...gack, hack, cough "teachers"

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I speak from experience.
Mars, let me ask you- what do you for a living?

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
well, lets not disappoint the little snowflake - lets show her what the Swastika really meant so she gets a first hand lesson in her abject stupidity

she needs to go to the school of really hard knocks for about 2 hours

Maybe we can get up a pool to fund her trip to Dachau, or some of the other well known concentration camps.

We were there many years ago, and I can assure anyone that when we were there, there was a definite feeling of EVIL noticeable as we walked through the front gate.

We got to see the "barracks" read copies of documents from the camp CO the Berlin, see the ovens, gas chambers, etc.

But given the abject stupidity of such idiots I also suspect that they would not manage to understand if/when they got there.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25641 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
quote:
Equally students do not have first amendment rights when at school. They can be suspended for saying all kinds of things.

Not so much. They have all kinds of first amendment rights in school, because school is the government and it can't suppress speech. The teacher is committing a first amendment violation by her statement because in that circumstance, she is the state.

So, could a student wear a shirt that said kill the Jew's, or start a junior KKK club? How about standing in the cafeteria with a sign that says "Lucy is a fat whore".

There are limits to free speech in schools. Some with reasons behind them, and some like this teacher that have no place whatsoever, but go unchecked until someone does something so egregious, like this or is caught on film.

You are correct. Schools can moderate the content of speech that is hateful, hurtful, sexually suggestive, abusive, etc., because it detracts from the mission of the school which is learning. Likewise, a school can mandate a uniform or have a dress code. But the school can not use political bias to make those decisions. The could not, for example, ban a MAGA shirt, while permitting an I'm With Her shirt, or a Che Guevara shirt. If a school is going to ban political content (and I am not sure that they can; I have not researched the issue) they would have to ban ALL political content, not just that of certain viewpoints.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12765 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I speak from experience.
Mars, let me ask you- what do you for a living?

I now work for an architectural firm. I am the digital imaging department supervisor.

I used to work for Dougherty County School System. 15 years.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just curious, because you make it seem as if you're the only one around here who is familiar with public school systems.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I know Gutpile Charlie was principal.

I didn't mean to come off that way.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The confused commie is out of the classroom:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...gan-to-swastika.html

quote:
River Ridge High School Principal Darrell Herring sent the parents of Orletsky’s students a letter Friday, announcing she was not teaching, “effective immediately,” adding that the school assigned a substitute teacher and would continue to search for a new, permanent math teacher.
It's a perfect time for you to move to Seattle, you twit.