SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    HS teacher equates swastika to MAGA
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HS teacher equates swastika to MAGA Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
"A Georgia high school teacher has been slammed for kicking two students out of class because they were wearing t-shirts with President Trump's Make America Great Again slogan. …

'Just like you cannot wear a swastika to school... you cannot wear Make America Great Again like that,' she said in the footage…"

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic...ts-Trump-shirts.html

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8814 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Imbecile.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30498 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Imbecile.

Yes. And a product of our indoctrination system. aka school systems.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Oh the fuckering.

That is LITERALLY up the street from me.

Goddammed commies are swarming into this area.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34063 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
3rd or fourth line.
"Assgat teacher is now being abused online and was forced to take down her facebook."

How about asshat teacher is a a bossy bitch that tucked tail and ran when her assinine positions could not be defended.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Imbecile.

No argument there. But, I'd like it better if no "politicking" of any kind were allowed in schools.

Posts: 27777 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
She's from the south went to College in Florida, High School in Georgia. Don't think she's a Yankee...and not everybody up north is a liberal.

Posts: 2761 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Imbecile.

No argument there. But, I'd like it better if no "politicking" of any kind were allowed in schools.

It would be better if there were no schools in our politics.

Close 'em!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
But, I'd like it better if no "politicking" of any kind were allowed in schools.

If there are no politics in school then how do you teach our system of government?

Politics in school doesn't seem to be the problem. The problem seems to be that only one side of the political spectrum is allowed to be there.

I graduated in 1994 and recall my civics teacher's politics. He was a proud Republican. Apparently one of the only ones in the entire school as far as teachers went. It was well known he wasn't "one of them". Outside of that knowledge none of the other teachers were overtly political. Civics teachers and perhaps history teachers taught politics. My English, science, and math teachers taught English, science, and math.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15684 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Imbecile.
I respectfully disagree (unusual, because I usually agree with what you say).

First Amendment. Freedom of expression, etc. If the kids don't learn about it, by actual practice, in school, where are they going to learn?

The teacher has her First Amendment rights. We may not like what she wants to say about President Trump, but she has every right to say it.

The problem arises when she wants to deny the same First Amendment rights to the kids who are wearing pro-Trump clothing. These kids should have the same First Amendment rights as the teacher.

She (the teacher) seems to be practicing the theory that some animals are more equal than others.

I think, contrary to your assertion, that political expression should be allowed in schools, as long as everybody's First Amendment rights are protected and treated equally.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30498 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
Yes. And a product of our indoctrination system. aka school systems.

There was some thing on TV yesterday (I think it was). Dunno what it was about, exactly. Wasn't really watching it. It just happened to be on. But at one point they were talking about how teachers are no longer held in as high regard as they once were?

"Really?" I thought.

Perhaps if they spent more time teaching and less time indoctrinating, they'd get more respect?

quote:
The teacher has her First Amendment rights. We may not like what she wants to say about President Trump, but she has every right to say it.

Not in the classroom, in a position of authority, she doesn't. Particularly a public school classroom, where she's essentially a government employee. Part of the government.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25980 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
An unconstitutional over reaction based on hyperbole and lies. That sounds about right for a stealth nazi

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29578 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
How stupid is this teacher to think this is OK. If she continues to teach do these kids get a different teacher. I wouldn't trust her to be objective in grades with these students.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16372 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A teacher is in a position of authority. They should a not be engaging in partisan indoctrination. Teachers and students have First Amendment rights, and should be able to make their views known.

Alternatively, apply the same rule and ban all Democratic party expression on the basis of its links to Communist mass murder.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
I thought the whole country was supposed to be a "free speech zone."

Who are the fascists now?

Posts: 4487 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Imbecile.
I respectfully disagree (unusual, because I usually agree with what you say).

First Amendment. Freedom of expression, etc. If the kids don't learn about it, by actual practice, in school, where are they going to learn?

The problem arises when she wants to deny the same First Amendment rights to the kids who are wearing pro-Trump clothing. These kids should have the same First Amendment rights as the teacher.

She (the teacher) seems to be practicing the theory that some animals are more equal than others.

I think, contrary to your assertion, that political expression should be allowed in schools, as long as everybody's First Amendment rights are protected and treated equally.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you now.

1st amendment applies to the government, not your job. I do not preach my beliefs at work, because I don't want to loose my job. Her employer can fire her for saying controversial things.

Equally students do not have first amendment rights when at school. They can be suspended for saying all kinds of things.

I do agree the teacher should teach the first amendment and allow all her students to express themselves within the rules for the school/district equally. We all know though that is not the way it works. People who don't agree with leftist teacher are silenced.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20726 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
the teacher should teach the first amendment and allow all her students to express themselves within the rules for the school/district equally. We all know though that is not the way it works. People who don't agree with leftist teacher are silenced.
And that, as I see it, is exactly the problem. If we are to teach our kids about open debate, we must not allow somebody in a position of authority to suppress the expression of differing political views.

Where better to learn this, than at school?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Her actions speak volumes. She is not qualified to teach. Regardless of what she may or may not know, she is NOT a teacher. She should be removed.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12672 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Many moons ago, when in was in college I had a political science course, and of course the professor was a huge lib, as were all of the students. I was the lone conservative and not shy about it. We used to have many political arguments in class, he used to call on me always for the opposing view "where is my conservative?"

But it was always a good natured debate and he never got nasty or put down my beliefs, we disagreed and that was that. I got an "A" and I actually think he enjoyed having someone to spar with. But that was a long time ago, im sure these days i would have been tarred and feathered and run out of class for daring to disagree with the state

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

"Doesn't matter what you see
Or into it what you read
You can do it your own way
If it's done just how I say

Independence limited
Freedom of choice
Choice is made for you, my friend
Freedom of speech
Speech is words that they will bend
Freedom with their exception"

~Metallica

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30280 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post