SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    HS teacher equates swastika to MAGA
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HS teacher equates swastika to MAGA Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I "conflate" her attitude with "unemployment".

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jtedescucci
posted Hide Post
No one should be surprised. Anyone who is politically aware - and that certainly would include MOST of the folks on this forum - would KNOW that the vast majority of high school teaching positions are occupied by full-blown liberals.... and that means that most teachers will be eager to force their political positions off onto their quite immature students; but that they will NOT be tolerant at all of opposing views. It has been this way in the public school systems for decades & until the general public awakens and becomes ACTIVE - it will remain that way.

"...we have put together I think the most extensive & inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Joe Biden

Posts: 3043 | Location: AC/Clarksville | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jtedescucci:
No one should be surprised. Anyone who is politically aware - and that certainly would include MOST of the folks on this forum - would KNOW that the vast majority of high school teaching positions are occupied by full-blown liberals.... and that means that most teachers will be eager to force their political positions off onto their quite immature students; but that they will NOT be tolerant at all of opposing views. It has been this way in the public school systems for decades & until the general public awakens and becomes ACTIVE - it will remain that way.

Indeed. That's why they hate and fear Betsy DeVos and school vouchers.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
well, lets not disappoint the little snowflake - lets show her what the Swastika really meant so she gets a first hand lesson in her abject stupidity

she needs to go to the school of really hard knocks for about 2 hours

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have taught college, both undergraduates and some graduates as well. It was interesting that most of the department faculty were democrats and most of my students were conservatives. Few of the students appeared to be swayed by their instructors.

I was teaching guys (for the most part) that were on a path to become shop teachers.

Yes, my situation (my students) were more the exception than the rule.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Many moons ago, when in was in college I had a political science course, and of course the professor was a huge lib, as were all of the students. I was the lone conservative and not shy about it. We used to have many political arguments in class, he used to call on me always for the opposing view "where is my conservative?"

That's because liberals, true liberals, can tolerate, even welcome dissenting views.

Most of those who today call themselves "liberals" are not liberal in any sense of the word. They are leftists. Their behaviour is closer to fascism than liberalism.

When I was still on Facebook a couple blog-type feeds I followed were "Being Libertarian" and "Being Classically Liberal." The posts that appeared in my newsfeed from those two groups expressed points of view so similar to one another I often had difficulty remembering which had posted what when I wanted to go back and find a particular item again.

From a comparison between classical liberalism and what's referred to today as "progressivism":

quote:

As a quick example, Classical Liberals would generally not advocate forcing a religious person to bake a gay couple a wedding cake against their will, whereas virtually all progressives would support such a measure.

In the classical liberal view, this would constitute a violation of freedom of religion and freedom of association. No one should be forced to associate with others against their will.

From What is Classical Liberalism and how does it relate to Progressivism, Libertarianism, and the alt-right?

What's infested our "education" system, the dominant media and the Democratic Party is leftism. It's venomous, vile and destructive of humanity. The sooner we recognize it for what it is, and correctly call it out, the sooner we can get to setting things aright.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
The teacher has her First Amendment rights. We may not like what she wants to say about President Trump, but she has every right to say it.

No. The teacher has power and control over their students. Further, they have more education and experience. Consider a most extreme case, a teacher grooms and seduces one of their students. That's how much power they can have. I was always extreme careful to balance what I said.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

The problem arises when she wants to deny the same First Amendment rights to the kids who are wearing pro-Trump clothing. These kids should have the same First Amendment rights as the teacher.

She (the teacher) seems to be practicing the theory that some animals are more equal than others.

"Doesn't matter what you see
Or into it what you read
You can do it your own way
If it's done just how I say

Independence limited
Freedom of choice
Choice is made for you, my friend
Freedom of speech
Speech is words that they will bend
Freedom with their exception"

~Metallica

See my sig line. Cool

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I wrote her principal Darrell Herring, and said she should be fired.

darrell.herring@cherokeek12.net

http://cherokeek12.net/riverridgehs/administration/

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The principal can do nothing but a verbal reprimand, then file a grievance with the school board.

They will ensure the dress code policy is updated and then sweep this under the rug, while the teacher now makes the students lives a living hell with no chance of retribution.

I was in education for 15 years and know exactly how these liberal shitbags work. It takes someone sacrificing their career to get anything done.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Equally students do not have first amendment rights when at school. They can be suspended for saying all kinds of things.

Not so much. They have all kinds of first amendment rights in school, because school is the government and it can't suppress speech. The teacher is committing a first amendment violation by her statement because in that circumstance, she is the state.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
The principal can do nothing but a verbal reprimand, then file a grievance with the school board.

They will ensure the dress code policy is updated and then sweep this under the rug

Pretty close.

CHEROKEE COUNTY, GA (CBS46) -
The Cherokee County School District has issued an apology after a teacher wrongly asked students to leave her class because they were wearing pro-Donald Trump t-shirts.

According to a statement issued by the Cherokee County School District, a math teacher at River Ridge High School “erroneously told two students their shirts with campaign slogans were not permitted in class.”

The statement said the teacher’s actions were wrong as the “Make America Great Again” shirts worn by the students were not a violation of the school district’s dress code. The statement also said that the teacher “additionally and inappropriately shared her personal opinion about the campaign slogan during class.”

River Ridge High School Principal Dr. Darrell Herring immediately met with and apologized to the students and their families, and Cherokee County School Superintendent Dr. Brian Hightower expressed how sorry he was about the incident."

https://search.yahoo.com/searc...e=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Notice no apology from the teacher.

She should apologise, I have forced a teacher to do so in the past when they were out of line....it can be done.

And if she tries to make the students life hell...it would not be wise.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
They are in my district, literally up the street from me. You can bet your ass I will be making an appearance at the next public board meeting as I have quite the reputation with Georgia school systems.

They will know EXACTLY who I am when I step up for public comments.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
She should apologise, I have forced a teacher to do so in the past when they were out of line....it can be done.

It's the Super's job.

However, if the waves are large enough throughout the whole school year and a suit comes up from the kids' parents, they could always just non-renew her contract.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:

It's the Super's job.

However, if the waves are large enough throughout the whole school year and a suit comes up from the kids' parents, they could always just non-renew her contract.

Not disagreeing just hollow from a pol....

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have quite the reputation with Georgia school systems.

And the understatement of the year award goes to...

Remind me exactly how many of them ended up in prison the last time they ruffled your feathers?

LMAO!

Also - check your e-mail, Marzy.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
They are in my district, literally up the street from me. You can bet your ass I will be making an appearance at the next public board meeting as I have quite the reputation with Georgia school systems.

Thank you for your efforts on this. Hopefully she won't further ding the students.

I had a college prof who would ding the grade of any student who caused any ripples in class. His reputation got to the point no one would sign up for his classes. He was tenured, they couldn't dismiss him, so they put him in a research position to keep him away from students.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:

God bless you, Mars, and keep you!

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
quote:
Equally students do not have first amendment rights when at school. They can be suspended for saying all kinds of things.

Not so much. They have all kinds of first amendment rights in school, because school is the government and it can't suppress speech. The teacher is committing a first amendment violation by her statement because in that circumstance, she is the state.

So, could a student wear a shirt that said kill the Jew's, or start a junior KKK club? How about standing in the cafeteria with a sign that says "Lucy is a fat whore".

There are limits to free speech in schools. Some with reasons behind them, and some like this teacher that have no place whatsoever, but go unchecked until someone does something so egregious, like this or is caught on film.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post