SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Yet another Mountain House 30% discount
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yet another Mountain House 30% discount Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted
This time it's for the classic & essential buckets. 30% off and free shipping. Enter code "WINTERWEATHER" at checkout. Good till 12/24/18

Buy cheap, stack deep.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Cliff!

Posts: 8621 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you! Just took advantage of the discount.

Posts: 186 | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Thank you, I think I might have to buy a couple buckets.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Cliff, just placed an order.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Shipping is free.... but s-l-o-w. Wink
Luckily I don't really need what I bought. Big Grin

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^

Well, it can last for up to 25 years at least!

My crazy prepper mom decided to upgrade her home freeze dryer to the latest more efficient version and gave me her old one as an early Christmas present. It was surprise to me though, I happened to be in the Bay area on business, dropped by to take them to dinner and ended up leaving with a large high-tech appliance riding in my back seat back to OR! Big Grin

It is a little loud and messy (so it's in the garage), but on my 4th load, so far so good.

I am starting to have doubts about the longevity of FD food-the 25 year long at least, though in any analysis I'm sure it's going to be a lot longer than canning and dehydration at any rate.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slow is ok. My area seems to get a direct hit from a major hurricane about once every 20 years and we just had Michael so I should be good for a while...

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up Cliff.

Posts: 2956 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Strambo:

As long as you're getting all of the water out, there's no reason it shouldn't last that long. Just pack it right.

I vacuum seal a lot of things in Mason jars and heat seal anything else in zip-lock mylar bags with oxygen absorbers.

I don't doubt that mine will last that long, although timely rotation of stock is never a bad idea.

And yeah, it is much better than canning and dehydration in that the nutrients and taste stay in...in addition to the longevity.

Some things, though, just don't freeze dry and/or reconstitute well. Just experiment with it and you'll figure out what works for you and what doesn't.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Thank you Cliff, I have my order in.

Archerman

Posts: 2486 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
been trying to get a order together for years....finally made it, thanks for the tip

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
My favorites are Beef Stroganoff and Chicken & Rice is good...not a big fan of the Spaghetti or Lasagna.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post