Find
Notify
Tools

Online Cheese Login/Join 
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted
Who do we like for online cheese sales? Would like to order a decent Stilton but without breaking the bank.

Posts: 1633 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Murray's Cheese Shop in NYC. - Link

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not familiar with Stilton. If you want a really good, extra sharp white cheddar, look at the cheese you can order from the University of Washington (west coast Washington). They have a Dairy program. Only ship part of the year, but it is exceptional.

Posts: 2132 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure if one is nearby your location - but 'The Fresh Market' usually has a good selection of Stilton.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris42:
Not familiar with Stilton. If you want a really good, extra sharp white cheddar, look at the cheese you can order from the University of Washington (west coast Washington). They have a Dairy program. Only ship part of the year, but it is exceptional.

Confused

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
+1 for Zingermans!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
Try Beryl & Martin in Maine. Very good selection, I used them when I ran a gourmet meat, cheese and wine shop a year ago.
http://www.berylmarton.com

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Uppster
posted Hide Post
Osceola Cheese, Osceola MO

God,Guns,Cars,& 1Wife, I would say I have it all.

Posts: 1448 | Location: Independence MO | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
(Posts obligatory cheese cutting joke here)

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWDdd5KKhts

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Trader Joes has a very good cheese selection, they always have Stilton.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SHOOTIN BLANKS:
Who do we like for online cheese sales? Would like to order a decent Stilton but without breaking the bank.

I see you're in PA. If you have a Wegman's nearby, try them. Our local one carries an estimated 400 varieties of cheese.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not familiar with Stilton.
Same family as Bleu cheese, Roquefort, etc. I like it for desert, maybe with some fruit, and a glass of Port.

I have not had that particular treat for a while, it's time to go shopping.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Was that you
or the dog?
Picture of SHOOTIN BLANKS
posted Hide Post
I see you're in PA. If you have a Wegman's nearby, try them. Our local one carries an estimated 400 varieties of cheese.

Not yet. Would have to travel to Erie but they are edging closer.

Posts: 1633 | Location: PA | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Oh boy, living in the land of cheese where do I start. If you are looking for something beyond Stilton.

Right from the source

Widmer's Cheese factory
Saxon Creamery
Weyauwega Cheese
West Allis Cheese and Sausage Shop

Most of these we can get at the grocery or speciality shops in the land of cheese.

If someone asked me to go pick out some cheese at the store for a plate it may take me 30 min to decide how to pair the choices to eat and drink.

West Allis Cheese shop has some unique cheeses. Rattlesnake, is a Tequlia and habanero Cheese that was outstanding. It all depends on what you are looking for and your taste buds.

PS I'm not in the business but have a grandfather who won at the state fair and relatives in the business.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoot gun,
get check
Picture of Scoobaru
posted Hide Post
quote:

Perhaps you're thinking of Cougar Gold from Washington State University? http://cougarcheese.wsu.edu/Di...emBuy.php?itemid=100

It really is good stuff, and ages very well in the can. I have a 4 year old can in the fridge right now. It has been a struggle to let it age and not open it.

Posts: 618 | Location: The pointy part of Nevada | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post