SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Starbucks' Chairman Howard Schultz said the world is “questioning the moral leadership of America” and he urged the public to reject nationalism.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Starbucks' Chairman Howard Schultz said the world is “questioning the moral leadership of America” and he urged the public to reject nationalism. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Embrace nationalism......and screw Starbucks.

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Looney.

However all of his verbal diarrhea is a monumental amount of free advertising for starbucks. Constantly in the news and in people’s attention is getting old in more ways than one.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Report This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
I'd rather have companies "picking up the slack of the political class" than having government be responsible for everything and requiring increased taxes (forced contributions) to those causes.

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I so wish I could boycott Hipsterbucks, but since I've never purchased a single thing from them in the past, I guess I'll just have to keep doing what I'm doing.

And Shultz opening up their bathrooms to everyone should provide for some quite comical outcomes. Something tells me the hipsters aren't going to want to enter that bathroom after some homeless guy has taken a bath in the sink and left his no longer needed items in there. Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
That's why they have maids, I mean baristas.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31423 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Been in Starbucks only twice in six months, I can stretch out a few more months without much difficulty. Maybe a couple of years even.

No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:...Shultz opening up their bathrooms to everyone should provide for some quite comical outcomes. Something tells me the hipsters aren't going to want to enter that bathroom after some homeless guy has taken a bath in the sink and left his no longer needed items in there. Wink

Maybe this will be akin to "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". I don't necessarily attribute Shultz's motivation here to good intentions, but I can easily see where this policy could have negative unintended consequences.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I was planning a long response to this but decided it was not necessary.

Poeple like this, people of means, people who live behind guilded walls, people who's own decisions DO NOT AFFECT THEM...people like this are not in touch with reality. They just aren't.

Unfortunately it will be his employees who suffer. And ultimately I hope, his business.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
This from the same left wing puffed up windbag who thinks over roasted coffee tastes best. Charbucks and their looney tune politics and overpriced wretched drinks can go pound sand.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16194 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I prefer McDonald's or Dunkin Donuts' coffee.

Cheaper too.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
So you sell coffee.

How does that make you an expert on politics and culture?

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
I prefer McDonald's or Dunkin Donuts' coffee.

Cheaper too.

I don't drink coffee anymore but those two were my favorite. I've been coffee free closing on 10 yrs, but if I ever cave, I'm going to Dunkin.

Posts: 7350 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
These globalist progressives intentionally use the word "nationalism" to describe patriotism, or Americanism. And what does a rock from Auschwitz have to do with anything he said? Nothing, but it's the subtle implication that if you're not a progressive, you're a Nazi.

Posts: 327 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: April 07, 2011Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
I'll take this as an open invitation to shit in their toilets and use the free wifi. Forget about the crappy coffee.

Don't forget to wear your MAGA hat!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I tried starbucks one time. Had a hot chocolate as I never drink coffee. It was not very good and gave me the s#!+s. I wont go back to starbucks, or was that sorebutts.....

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Report This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kenpoist:
Self-involved idiot. What right did he have to remove that stone?

Did he scratch his initials in the gate too?

Its a rock from his yard. His entire statement is BS, why would that part be any different?

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave:
quote:
Originally posted by Kenpoist:
Self-involved idiot. What right did he have to remove that stone?

Did he scratch his initials in the gate too?
Its a rock from his yard. His entire statement is BS, why would that part be any different?
Maybe not. It is a tradition among Jews to leave a small stone at a grave when you visit.

It sounds to me as if he stole something that he had no right to take.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now, it's been 75 years since the end of World War II
He failed both third grade arithmetic and history.

75 years ago would put us smack in the middle of 1943. More than a year before D-Day.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Schultz declined to answer follow-up questions from reporters after the event.

Best decision he's made in years.

Posts: 15025 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Report This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
Coffee man should sell coffee.

I give two shits about his SJW priorities.

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Report This Post