SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Starbucks' Chairman Howard Schultz said the world is “questioning the moral leadership of America” and he urged the public to reject nationalism.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Starbucks' Chairman Howard Schultz said the world is “questioning the moral leadership of America” and he urged the public to reject nationalism. Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kenpoist:... What right did he have to remove that stone?...

Thank you.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Schultz continued, “This is a time, as we face this crucible, for cooperation. This is not a time to build walls. This is a time to build bridges. Over the course of the last year, I wanted to do a number of things that would give me exposure to the human condition here at home and abroad.

Mr. Schultz,
I think you had better keep studying the "human condition"... because you haven't got a clue.

Prior to the American experiment, bringing freedom from oppressive governments, it was ‘Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short’.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
Yes, criminals should be put on a pedestal.

I really doubt you'll be singing that tune when they come to invade your home or burglarize or mug you.

Wake up and smell your burnt tasting coffee.

As to nationalism: We should be more like venz or kooba. There they would never by Holocaust deniers...what a putz.

Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
There was nothing wrong with their prior bathroom policy. It made perfect sense. But sense isn't a trait of liberalism. This new policy may not go well.

Starbucks’ Howard Schultz opens bathrooms to all after Philly incident

Following the uproar over the way two African-American men were treated at a Philadelphia location last month, Starbuck’s executive chairman Howard Schultz announced plans to open its restrooms to anyone who wants to use them — whether they’re a paying customer or not.

"We don't want to become a public bathroom, but we're going to make the right decision 100% of the time and give people the key, because we don't want anyone at Starbucks to feel as if we are not giving access to you to the bathroom because you are less than. We want you to be more than," Schultz said on Thursday during a talk at the Atlantic Council in Washington.

The new policy comes after Rashon Nelson and Donte Robinson were arrested after they asked to use the bathroom but an employee told them it was only for paying customers and when they sat down at a table in the store without ordering anything, the manager called police.

Schultz added the company’s previous policy of only allowing paying customers to use the restroom was pretty “loose” in the first place but following the backlash of the Philadelphia incident, the company decided the completely end it.

Last month, Starbuck’s CEO Kevin Johnson personally apologized to the men in a face-to-face meeting and announced plans to close its 8,000 company-owned stores on May 29 for a racial bias training.

Schultz, who stepped down as the CEO of Starbucks last April, said the incident overall was “absolutely wrong in every way.”

Starbucks didn’t immediately respond to FOX Business’ request for further details about its new bathroom policy.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/fe...fter-philly-incident

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Well, shit.

I'd boycott those morons, but I don't drink their crappy coffee anyway. I guess I'll just have to settle for saluting them with an Hawaiian Peace Sign every time I pass one.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Like public libraries in the inner city, Starbucks announces their bathrooms are open to become wash stations for the homeless, hideouts for the druggies and blank art canvas' for the mentally ill. Not like they weren't already but, those who didn't, were too dumb to consider going in. Now there's a bright sign welcoming them and orders telling their managers to let anyone in.

Meanwhile, store-level Starbucks employees just realized their bathrooms will resemble what they see at roadside gas-stations. Have fun cleaning.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
“This is not a time to build walls. This is a time to build bridges.“

Hey dumbass. Do you lock the doors at your house?

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
There is so much wrong with his statement. Schultz is just a full-on progressive spouting the usual progressive nonsense.

I have never had a cu of coffee in my life, so I can't boycott Starbucks - but I sold my stock in the company a couple of years ago when some other incident showed that they valued social justice over shareholder value.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Excitable Boy
Picture of Dan the man
posted Hide Post
I have to wonder how the people on the board of directors feel privately about this direction they are taking.

"We don't want to become a public bathroom"

Well Howard I hate to tell you this...

China is Asshoe

Posts: 2270 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
So.... If I get a job at Starbucks, this dude will cough up 80K or so while I get a 4 year degree? And I get paid to sling overpriced coffee at the same time?
People must standing in line for jobs!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16069 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
At least you can use the Shitter in Starbucks and not feel sorry for not buying their crappy coffee!

Just save up until you have a massive gut bomb and blow mud into their toilets.

Win - WIN!

The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by 12131 “we witnessed as Americans in watching Trayvon Martin and Eric Garner and others be murdered, …. And this is not in any way to criticize or in any way pit one group versus another, especially those people who wear the uniform of policemen every day,”

So you, Howie, judge, juror, statesman that you are, declare these already adjudicated events 'murder', even though the system found it was no such thing, and in the same breath want to claim that you aren't pitting 'those people who wear the uniform of policeman' (and what the fuck is that supposed to mean anyway, they just wear the cool clothes?) and then you ramble on about really not criticizing?

Rich, really rich, mega rich or not, this walking stool-speciman is a drooling moron. Roll Eyes

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
People were complaining about the lack of spaces for the homeless in my town. I'm suggesting they all just go to Starbucks. Might not work too well where I live since the homeless are normally a good walk from the Starbucks, but I bet it is going to work really well in bigger cities.
They will change this either publically or in practice pretty darn quick I would think.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Report This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Fuck him and his burnt coffee offerings.

Frankly, globalism is tyranny an enforced sameness, perspective and thought.

It is void of creativity and individuality
It is an apparatus whose organs of repression are being brought to light via money trails leading to billionaires and their interests.

These interests are no wholesome nor egalitarian.

Nationalism is healthy, jingoism is not.
Their is a difference and I feel people like Mr. Starbucks
Confuse them.

Nationalism tempered by moderation.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
At least you can use the Shitter in Starbucks and not feel sorry for not buying their crappy coffee!

Win - WIN!

Good place to do prep for colonoscopy

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Win - WIN!

Good place to do prep for colonoscopy

Right? Just roll up with your special prep drink and lock down the shitter for 10 hours. Even homeless people have to do a colonoscopy and need a place to shit it.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, guys.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Starbucks will not allow the Jewish Brain Brith help in the racial bias training for employees due a complaint from the nice folks from BLM. The said the Jews are not nice to black people and don't want the involved. Maybe the Jewish people need to boycott statbucks!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll take this as an open invitation to shit in their toilets and use the free wifi. Forget about the crappy coffee.

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Report This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Allow the world "questioning the moral leadership of America" all they want. They are not us.

Seems old Howie is still butthurt over the 2016 election.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Report This Post