SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need a 1xAA flashlight
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a 1xAA flashlight Login/Join 
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
Fenix E12 has been my EDC light for a while.

Single AA with 3 light levels max 120 lumens.

+1. I give this for Christmas gifts and carry one most days.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I own exactly what you are looking for. The Fenix E12. It's a great little light that I throw in my pocket from time to time.

https://www.fenixlighting.com/...DALdTBEaAsVSEALw_wcB

Jim

Edit to add that that I see sig77 already posted the same thing.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Fenix LD09.

I need to replace mine, I lost it.
I did find my previously lost, older LD10. The only reason I haven't replaced my LD09 sooner.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I've got these Ultrafires all over the place and in cars, boats, etc. Decent light and have been reliable, no failures after 3-4 years.

AMZN link - $3.50 each.

Yep, one here, one there, spares and with others as giveaways. I'd guess I've had these five or more years.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've got these Ultrafires all over the place and in cars, boats, etc. Decent light and have been reliable, no failures after 3-4 years.

AMZN link - $3.50 each.

I have a bunch of these and similar e-bay versions on our vehicles and home. They have been reliable for 5+ years and work well with a LSD Eneloop battery.

Posts: 2360 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amurr:
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
This is a very nice light. If you choose the optional momentary end cap switch, you get variable light output from a barely visible glow with light pressure applied to full output with heavier pressure, a very nice option to have. It can also take a rechargeable lithium ion 14500 which gives a higher output than a conventional AA battery will deliver.

I actually carry the aaa eiger everyday and love it as my little backup light. but am looking for a standard push button for one handed operation on this one.

They're outstanding lights. I've got an Eiger Ultra X with the momentary switch and a Prometheus titanium clip which is powered by a 10400. It's an absolute beast of a light for its size.

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
quote:

+1. I give this for Christmas gifts and carry one most days.

I bought these, one for me and one for my lady. The clicking multiple times on tailcap to select light level was horrible. Gave them away. Bought LD12's. Love them, same operation as my other lights, tail cap on, second button light level.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20807 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own several small "pocket" lights. A Malcoff, a Streamlight, a Fenix and have purchased 10(+) of the five for $17.50 Amazon lights.

If you just want a small light to carry in your pocket -- it's impossible to beat the Amazon $3.50/ea. lights. Yes, sometimes I've had to "fiddle" with the switch on the Amazon lights. For $3.50 you can't expect to get an "indestructable" Malcoff quality light!

Why don't you blow $17.50 on five of the Amazon lights and see if they suit you? If you are unsatisfied, give them away as gifts.

I (along with several others) know from experience, you don't have to spend $40/$50 to $100(+) to get a suitable EDC flash light. You may very well discover that "good enough" is better than perfect.

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/Streaml...words=streamlight+aa

I have several of these so I’d vote for an AA version of the same. They hold up, I have one that’s worn silver and been washed and dropped a few times. Works great and I recommend a Lithium battery. If not as a weapon light, I find it easy to have too many lumens for utility tasks.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I like the Lux-Pro. You can order from Amazon or Lowes carries them.

Posts: 5615 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Zebralight is the Cadillac of flashlights; they have an excellent selection of AA lights. They are probably the best built factory light out there in terms of construction and UI.

http://www.zebralight.com

This. And you get 550 lumens out of a single AA.

Posts: 700 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Love them, same operation as my other lights, tail cap on, second button light level.

There ya go, there's an ass for every seat. I hated those and gave those away.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Another Streamlight Micro user here. Love that little light. I give them as Christmas presents.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have purchased at least a dozen E12's in the past year, given most away as gifts. And every piece of travel luggage I have has an E12 in it.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig 226:
I'd vote for Fenix. I have several of their lights and given them as gifts.

Shameless plug for the fenix-store.com which provides you 20% off and me a referral bonus:
20% off Coupon

I refuse to open the coupon link, as it will cost me money. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by sig 226:
I'd vote for Fenix. I have several of their lights and given them as gifts.

Shameless plug for the fenix-store.com which provides you 20% off and me a referral bonus:
20% off Coupon

I refuse to open the coupon link, as it will cost me money. Smile

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2671 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had to send my $30.00 leatherman, hip light in , twice, ( in 7 years) to be adjusted.

it is 350 lumens and thats about perfect for me

I am considering a Fenix.
but I need to know ,
how many of you have had to send your fenix
lights in over a long period of time ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54598 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I like the MC 11 from Fenix for what I need.

https://www.amazon.com/Fenix-1...rds=fenix+flashlight

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6483 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I have had to send my $30.00 leatherman, hip light in , twice, ( in 7 years) to be adjusted.

it is 350 lumens and thats about perfect for me

I am considering a Fenix.
but I need to know ,
how many of you have had to send your fenix
lights in over a long period of time ?

I have 8 Fenix flashlights and I haven't had to send any of them for repair, though I've heard their CS is top notch.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:

AMZN link - $3.50 each.

+1. Got half a dozen of 'em here and there. Little hard on batteries but WAY bright and you can't beat the price.

Another vote for this light, no problems at all.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post