SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A new addition to the family
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A new addition to the family Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted
In my never ending effort to complicate my life Razz , I recently opted to add another hound to the family. Everyone, please meet 'Bert' (as in Bert and Ernie), an adoption pup that's become a part of my life. He's about a year plus old, and around 25 pounds of pure piss and vinegar. He's very sweet but knows next to nothing of value. He and I are going to be spending a lot of time together over the coming months having a meeting of the minds.

A special thanks to our own Maestro and his wife for everything they do with Tampa Bay Beagle Rescue. I've dealt with several rescues over the past ten years or so, and this group really has its act together.

Now, let me go see if he's pee'd in my office again. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great looking dog. Many fabulous years ahead. Congratulations to all of you!

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Welcome to SIGforum Bert!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
So cute!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
He looks like he’ll be great company for you! Congrats!

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Great name!
Congrats and best of luck.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
What a beautiful little guy you have. Congratulations!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Congrats and good luck,good looking pupper

Posts: 2303 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I started saying it years ago, and it still rings true... "There's nothing worse than a spoiled beagle." Love a good Beagle, congrats!!

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
When I was a little kid our family had a beagle. That SOB could climb a chain link fence just as easily as a monkey could. Wink

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

When I was a little kid our family had a beagle. That SOB could climb a chain link fence just as easily as a monkey could. Wink
Yeah, I could not figure out how Woof was getting out of the fenced yard. A neighbor told me that she (Woof, not the neighbor) was climbing the fence. I did not believe that until one day I saw it for myself. She just scrambled up the fence and went about her visits to folks in the neighborhood.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Ollie says; "Hi Bert, I've got a welcome flower for you. Unfortunately it's stuck on my nose!"

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We've never owned a dog in the hound family, Bert looks like a winner. Best of luck with the training.

I took an Old English Sheepdog through obedience training years ago. It was the best thing I could do to both train the dog and train me as a handler. He became a AKC Companion Dog.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great dog and should develop into a good companion. patience. We have a 11 week old puppy and I remind myself of this every day.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
He's a handsome boy with beagle ears! Enjoy!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You and your family are going really enjoy Bert. Congrats BigDeal.

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
awesome - congrats

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
You're lucky. My wife won't allow another dog. But then she's mean (to me and a dog). Not to others.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Awww. Hi Bert! He looks sweet.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8513 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post