SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Christmas is coming. Niche tool gift ideas?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christmas is coming. Niche tool gift ideas? Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted

Rather than another bit set or some humdrum big box store tool gift are there items, like this one that you would either like or recommend for that odd job?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Handle that accepts all sawzall blades.

There are a bunch of companies that make these, buy whichever. Having a hand tool grip that you can use with any sawzall blade is super versatile. One grip that you can use multiple lengths of everything from metal cutting to tree pruning.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Saw one of these at a show in September. The weight and balance is great for a compact tool with a bunch of wallop. As a firefighter, I can appreciate the ability to breach a door in a hurry. I use a short drilling hammer all the time for service work when stuff won't come apart. Lifetime guarantee on this as well. I'm getting one for my truck

Fiskars 4# club hammer

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
These keychain tweezers are great for removing splinters and metal shards among other uses. They are remarkably precise.

Posts: 7308 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post

I have a couple of these and use them a lot more often than I expected.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wo...?cat=1,43456&p=65547

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post