SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any members here who have not seen the Godfather movies?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any members here who have not seen the Godfather movies? Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Have you not yet seen this series of movies and want to? I will send you the complete collectors edition DVD set, just promise to pass on to another member who may have not seen it. I don't want to get it back ever, just make sure others have seen it.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Make 'em an offer they can't refuse.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
It's hard to imagine that anyone has missed these movies. But if you haven't seen them, you'd best go for it.

I've seen them a dozen times. (Don't forget the third one. It's a pretty good movie as long as you don't hold it up to the first two.)

Here's by most favoritest scene:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/8YTViNE9B_g

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
There may be some young 'uns who haven't seen it. I have a guy who works for me who is a forumite who claims to be a Jersey Guido... and he hadn't seen it. I had to correct that, or fire him, something.

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
For me, the greatest series of movies that have been made. Matter of fact, Imma go download them and watch them again now....

Nice of you to offer, someone will enjoy them.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used to think the first was the best. Godfather II has become my favorite. Not only epic, but the best sequel ever made.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I have never seen a Godfather movie start to finish. Just caught bits and pieces on edited for TV versions, and YouTube. Just checked and neither Amazon Prime nor Netflix have them.

If the offer is still good, I'll take LV up on his offer. I promise to pass it on to another member when finished watching.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I have never seen a Godfather movie start to finish. Just caught bits and pieces on edited for TV versions, and YouTube. Just checked and neither Amazon Prime nor Netflix have them.

If the offer is still good, I'll take LV up on his offer.

They are yours... send me your address and we will fix your Godfather ignorance!! Forget the TV versions the real thing is on the way.

I actually don't hate part 3 as much as most do.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
LV, you have e-mail.

Thx.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
It's one long movie, and, IMO, the greatest movie ever made. As Jim says, III is not up to the standards of I and II, but still a good movie.

The script, acting, direction, and photography are genius. As many times as I've seen I and II, I could sit down now at the beginning of I, and watch the whole thing, without a moment of boredom or disappointment.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Tatortodd-
I guess I'm next in line behind you. Have to admit that I've never watched any of the trilogy from start to finish; just bits and pieces here and there.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They were my wife's favorite movies growing up. I've never seen them, and she mentions from time to time that we should do a Godfather marathon. If I can get in line, I'd be grateful and would pass them on right away.

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
I'd like to get in line as well. Many times over the years I've seen parts, but never the whole of any of them from start to finish.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
I'll jump in line too; never seen any of them or any parts thereof. Don' know how I missed 'em but would like to enjoy the fun too. Thanks LV, and will pass them along when it's my turn.

aileron

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Bits and pieces but never the whole thing. Not sure it interests me all that much.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
It's hard to imagine that anyone has missed these movies.

And it's especially hard to imagine a member of this forum who hasn't seen these movies. Razz

By the way, this is very generous of you. But, the Easter season is a great time of year to "instruct the ignorant". Wink

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I've never seen em.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:

And it's especially hard to imagine a member of this forum who hasn't seen these movies. Razz
To be fair, a middle aged person could've only seen The Godfather Part III in theatres. Here are the release dates:
  • 15 March 1972 (The Godfather)
  • 20 December 1974 (The Godfather Part II)
  • 25 December 1990 (The Godfather Part III)

•  
    Do the next
    right thing
    Picture of bobtheelf
    posted Hide Post
    I haven't seen any of them. One of those "always been meaning to"...

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    I believe in the
    principle of
    Due Process
    Picture of JALLEN
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by tatortodd:
    quote:
    Originally posted by CoolRich59:
    quote:

To be fair, a middle aged person could've only seen The Godfather Part III in theatres. Here are the release dates:
  • 15 March 1972 (The Godfather)
  • 20 December 1974 (The Godfather Part II)
  • 25 December 1990 (The Godfather Part III)

• I've never seen any of them in a movie theater. They have been in TV countless times and sold on VHS and DVD continuously.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post