SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    WalMart gun sales
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WalMart gun sales Login/Join 
posted
So we had to make a run to the local WalMart today. While we were there I did my usual, go over to sporting goods to check out the guns and ammo. When I got to that section, all of the guns and ammo were gone, there wasn't any on the shelfs or in the cases. I was talking to the guy that works in that section, he said that WalMart wasn't selling anymore guns or ammo until after the election!

I'm not sure if this is every WalMart, or just this one.

Posts: 2226 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Overhead the counter guy talking to a customer & he said that WM would not be restocking guns/ammo.
What's on the shelf is all they have/will have.

Granted, it could be that the counter guy is uninformed about the actual WM policy.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
The WalMArt in Philadelphia that was looted was hit for ammunition and firearms.

I suspect WalMart is simply being prudent in removing ammunition and firearms from the floor displays before the next round of reparalootings.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
No offense to the OP but I quit shopping that purveyor of the worst gun show tables merchandise. Beef jerky, fake cross bows for Santa’s elves, and Beijing PD tasers. Same crap, different location. Seriously though, when they pulled the same sick move that the dicks from Dick’s did by pulling evil military guns and calibers, I just quit shopping there. They can do whatever they want, it’s their store but I don’t have to support them anymore and I won’t.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Agree that if Walmart had to make a living off people like me, they'd be bankrupt. That said, when I do get dragged in there for some reason, I end up in the ammo section.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
When they pulled all the handgun ammo, I had a field day. All of the 9mm and even .45 auto was priced insanely LOW.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I didn't even know they were still selling guns, thought that they had quit a couple of years ago.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I watched a clip today where a reporter was broadcasting from a ransacked Walmart in Philly this morning (I think it was Leland Vittert from Fox) and as they were panning over the smashed doors he was pointing out the ammo laying on the ground. I was like "WTH. I can't find 5.56 on the shelf anywhere and these bums leave perfectly good ammo laying all over the ground after a loot-n-scoot". Looked a hell of a lot like 5.56 ball laying everywhere. In a conversation with a buddy this afternoon he mentioned that he also heard Walmart was stopping sales until after the election.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
The only time I ever went to Walmart was for their good price on Winchester white box 9mm practice ammo. Mine never sold guns. The last time I went I noticed they only had shotgun ammo. The clerk told me, “We stopped selling any pistol or rifle ammo; especially 9mm.”

I think this is a permanent thing and not just the election. I hate Walmart and now the only reason I go there is to pick up my mom’s prescriptions because she uses them.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
They stopped selling handgun ammo a year or more ago.

https://www.ibtimes.com/what-a...handgun%20ammunition.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
A lot of the Wal Marts around here were blowing their guns out several months ago without planning to restock them. I mean seriously blowing out, as in you couldn’t find them for anywhere near what they were selling them for even online. The prices were insane and I’d have bought several had I felt the need. Even if just to start collecting for grandkids.

That said, yeah, basically screw them. The only reason they do it was to get out of the business all together. Fine, knock yourself out. Haven’t been inside one in years and don’t see that changing anytime soon so keep selling your cheap crap and godawful excuses for meat among other things.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Walmart is not ending gun sales nationwide, but they are reducing the number of stores that will be selling guns.

(They reportedly may be removing them from stores altogether in a few states... For example, I've heard that's the case in Illinois but don't know if that's 100% true.)

But mostly they're merely consolidating them to be sold at a fewer number of stores in a given area. So you may not find them at all 4 of the Walmarts in your area any more, but instead they're only being sold at 1 or 2 of them now.

At stores where they will no longer be sold, they started blowing out the remaining guns at ultra-clearance pricing (30-70% off) several months ago. These were mainly lower-tier hunting rifles and .22s.

Most of the ones that will continue selling guns have received a facelift for their gun counters and new, larger, more secure display cases.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our Walmarts took guns out a while back.
Their ammo supply has never been very good since then. I would say at least two years ago.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine worked at the sporting goods section of our local Walmart. He told me that firearm and ammo sales were one of the money maker and big sellers for Walmart and he did not know why they would stop selling them. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From what I've seen of Wal Mart's gun inventory, not selling them anymore wouldn't be much of a loss to anyone. It's just a few .22 rifles, the cheapest Remington and mossberg shotguns and a few cheap hunting rifles. It's been a really long time since I saw a decent inventory there. The only thing they have that's worth the walk to the counter is the cheap promo shotgun shells.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3533 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The gun desk sales person at the Moline ,Il Wal Mart claims to sell 4-6 long guns per month, .

Which to me seems a little weird, as they only have 12 long gunsin the display rack,at a time .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ They specialize in selling cheap and making their money on volume. I wouldn't be surprised if they've done a pretty good job of figuring out what the cheap steady sellers are.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will not support Wal-mart by purchasing anything there. I used to buy 1000's worth of oil there a month, not since this ammo thing a couple years ago. And there is plenty more reasons not to go to Wal-mart. Yes I pay a little more elsewhere at an employee owned store, but at least I am not selling out my patriotism.

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Honestly it’s not a bad move if it’s to prevent looting. Antifags tried to rob my local gun shop. It’s not like the Walmart gun/ammo section can be made secure, or entrust an unarmed minimum wage employee to prevent robbery.

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
On this evenings Special Report (6 o'clock hr) Bret said WM announced items were removed to prevent looting, and customers could still purchase the items by request.

Clearly the person who wrote that last part never tried to get help from an associate to locate back stock.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post